Arriving at CZM on domestic flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwflyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, I know - there's already a thread about Cozumel Airport, and it's filled with lots of useful information - yes, it is. And it's also locked. And as best I can tell, the info there is generally geared towards those arriving (or departing) on international flights. My questions are about arriving at CZM on a domestic Mexican flight...

I'm currently planing a trip to Cozumel next winter (yeah, I plan ahead...). I will be flying in from Mexico City (on Interjet airlines). Do domestic arrivals at CZM come in at the same terminal as international flights? If not, is there anything one should know to successfully navigate to the exits? We will need to retrieve checked bags, then run whatever gauntlet of hawkers there might be for lowly domestic arrivals, and get ground transport to our hotel.

Of course, since we will be on a domestic flight, I assume we get to bypass the whole immigration and customs ceremonies, no worrries about red lights, etc., just get out to the hotel vans and start our vacation.

Anything else one should know about domestic arrivals? Thanks!

There is a single terminal in Cozumel. The only difference between international and domestic flights is that international arrivals are routed thru the immigration and customs entrance and domestic arrivals use a door towards west end of the terminal which leads to a standard arrival baggage claim area.
On departure both domestic and international passengers use a common departure area with 6 gates.

Yep, one single small terminal. Apart from going through immigration and customs, everything else is the same.

There are no "hotel vans".

There is a single terminal in Cozumel. The only difference between international and domestic flights is that international arrivals are routed thru the immigration and customs entrance and domestic arrivals use a door towards west end of the terminal which leads to a standard arrival baggage claim area.
On departure both domestic and international passengers use a common departure area with 6 gates.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom