Article: Diving in Cozumel with Dive Paradise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, Apple runs a god operation. They are also the only HSA shop on Coz, hence touching the soft spot in my heart. They do alot for Diveheart and other HSA organizations.

I've never posted based on a review before...but this is obviously a pro review, written by the dive op/hotel. I'm surprised no one else has spotted this, but any review that has absolutely zero negatives is a plant.by the way Coz is awesome, but if I were to write a review, I'd say that you can't drink the water, watch what you eat, be careful as to which dive op you select as this is Mexico and your safety may not be the diveops primary concern...oh and check your air and EAN fills for carbon monoxide as there have been a few "incidents" in recent years there. It is, by the way ALL drift diving...no beach dives and no get off the boat, swim around Personally, I love Dive Mau because their boat crews could follow your bubbles in a six foot swell while it's raining...yah they're that good. Cozumel IS a great dive location...some of the best drift diving and wall/pinnicle diving in the world. But the above review make it too good to be true and it's not.Happy diving!

I've never posted based on a review before...but this is obviously a pro review, written by the dive op/hotel. I'm surprised no one else has spotted this, but any review that has absolutely zero negatives is a plant.by the way Coz is awesome, but if I were to write a review, I'd say that you can't drink the water, watch what you eat, be careful as to which dive op you select as this is Mexico and your safety may not be the diveops primary concern...oh and check your air and EAN fills for carbon monoxide as there have been a few "incidents" in recent years there. It is, by the way ALL drift diving...no beach dives and no get off the boat, swim around Personally, I love Dive Mau because their boat crews could follow your bubbles in a six foot swell while it's raining...yah they're that good. Cozumel IS a great dive location...some of the best drift diving and wall/pinnicle diving in the world. But the above review make it too good to be true and it's not.Happy diving!

I have been to Coz 3 times. Used Dive Paradise 3 times. The next time I go it will be 4 times with Dive Paradise. I don't have anything to say bad about Dive Paradise. I have met Apple and she is a fine person and runs a great operation IMO. The DM's there work hard to point out the cool stuff.

Briefings are well done, boat ops and safety equipment are discussed, if you ask to be shown the equipment they are really quite glad to show you and inform you who on the boat is qualified to give oxygen and the number of life vests, what channel to call for help on the radio etc. Boats may be slow but they are comfortable and well maintained.

It was a good review and well written. I wish I could write like that. I enjoyed reading it. Not sure why you needed to bring your favorite into this thread, do you work for Mau?

Thanks everyone for your comments, I really appreciate them. BTW HJefferyM I DO NOT work for the dive op or hotel. My point of the article was to share my wonderful experience with Dive Paradise and diving Cozumel. I never said I dove with anyone else, or wanted to teach people on what they need to look out for in dive operators in Mexico. I have NEVER gotten sick before in Mexico, but ironically I just got food poisoning here in Colorado at a Mexican restaurant and had to go to the hospital. Go figure. I had nothing negative to say because my trip with my mother was absolutely so enjoyable. This was my second trip there with my mother and we are going back again next year because we are taken care of so well and everything is enjoyable. Im sorry HJefferyM if you felt it was biased, I just wanted to share my experience. I hope you can go there and experience Hotel Cozumel and Dive Paradise. Enjoy diving everyone life is better at depth!!!!

HJeffreyM -- it could be possible that Muggsy knows how to write. And BTW, my wife and I were down at Hotel Coz and Dive Paradise in March with a trip by A-1 and her review was spot on. And what's more, you can drink the water AND make beach dives there as we did four of them and were not taken out to sea!

What happened to the negative comments before regarding Dive Paradise? While I personally have nothing against them, I do remember there being some other comments before that someone had posted. I can't seem to find them now?For the record, I have dove with Dive Paradise before and had no issues, they're just not my primary Cozumel dive op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom