Article: Huish Outdoors and Suunto join forces in the U.S.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isn't Atomic part of Huish? I wonder if they'll promote Suunto computers over the Atomic Cobalt, or the Liquivision computers. This should be interesting.

Isn't Atomic part of Huish? I wonder if they'll promote Suunto computers over the Atomic Cobalt, or the Liquivision computers. This should be interesting.

I predict the end of the line for the Atomic dive computers

They own liquidvision and will distributing sunnto computers. I don't see how this will will be the end of the line for Atomic dive computers.

If I recall hurish already distributed sunnto....Just not in the states.

Though maybe it's time to revive the Aqualung Petrel discussion...

Be interesting to see what Aqualung does now, I've heard that at least initially they will be doing something with Oceanic for dive computers but it's going to leave a big hole in their product line. Doesn't affect the shop I'm with, we're both Aqualung and Huish (Atomic, BARE, Liquidvision, Zeagle, Stahlsac, now Suunto, and I'm thinking I'm forgetting one other line they have)

Anybody got any idea but being acquired by Huish Outdoors means for the companies involved? Do they still compete against each other & just pay a cut of their profits to Huish, or will Huish force them to exchange intellectual property, that sort of thing? I'd hate to see the end of the Atomic computers; love my Cobalt 1, despite some issues along the way. Only other computer I've read of since that strongly caught my eye was the SeaBear H3, I believe it's called. Richard.

Anybody got any idea but being acquired by Huish Outdoors means for the companies involved? Do they still compete against each other & just pay a cut of their profits to Huish, or will Huish force them to exchange intellectual property, that sort of thing? I'd hate to see the end of the Atomic computers; love my Cobalt 1, despite some issues along the way. Only other computer I've read of since that strongly caught my eye was the SeaBear H3, I believe it's called. Richard.

They seem to be sharing technology. The new Zeagle F8 shares a Zeagle first stage and essentially an Atomic 2nd stage. Nice rig. I have some on order for our shop and am looking forward to diving them.

Captain Larry
Key Largo Dive Center
www.KeyLargoDiveCenter.com

For a long time I've been a fan of Zeagle BCs, Atomic regulators, and Suunto computers. It's interesting - and almost weird - that all my favorite brands are consolidating under Huish.
I am optimistic that Huish will effectively share the best features among their systems. The latest Zeagle regulator features Atomic's seat saving orifice on the 2nd stage. I'm not sure that anything could be added to Suunto's computer lineup, but it is likely being explored already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom