Article on deep stops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@PfcAJ has he convinced you to dive 70/85 yet?

How are you guys managing the ascent from a practical point of view? For example if you do a 30 min 150ft dive, are you coming up to 70ft, gas switch then moving straight up to 50ft?

@PfcAJ has he convinced you to dive 70/85 yet?

How are you guys managing the ascent from a practical point of view? For example if you do a 30 min 150ft dive, are you coming up to 70ft, gas switch then moving straight up to 50ft?
I've been diving 60/85 with him. I'd consider 70/85.

Id come straight up to 70' and then linear times up to 20', personally. Simple and close enough to what Mr Shearwater says.

George III must be spinning at 3600rpm in his grave.
What, he isn't dead yet? Please don't let him read the article, if he does what he reads will burst a major bloodvessel and kill him. I may not have liked all of his advice, but most of it was pretty sound. So what that some of it cost me a total of 20-30 hrs of extra deco. At least I'm still walking and diving.

Michael

The million dollar question is how does this jibe with what GUE is currently teaching?

So...deep stops are still bad...right?

:popcorn:

I've been diving 60/85 with him. I'd consider 70/85.

Id come straight up to 70' and then linear times up to 20', personally. Simple and close enough to what Mr Shearwater says.
How are you defining linear?

I can't do 85% high, or convince anyone to do 60% low lol. So I'm still on 50/75. I might just bump up the 50 to 65% and if I don't get that shallow so be it.

How are you defining linear?

I can't do 85% high, or convince anyone to do 60% low lol. So I'm still on 50/75. I might just bump up the 50 to 65% and if I don't get that shallow so be it.
Length of those intermediate stops are roughly the same length is what I mean by linear.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom