Article: So you want to be in the dive business…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There isn't as much ROV work for a recently qualified ROV operator as the courses would lead you to believe. Don't throw yourself onto the course thinking that a well paid job awaits you. Perhaps a job elsewhere in the highly diverse hydrographic surveying industry is for you instead

Actually MrsBBC right now its extremely busy offshore. Getting your 1st ROV job right now is very possible! Even the agencys are busy.The courses are a for profit industry...ie Its always busy according to them!Anyways, pm me and I'll be happy to help. Gotta go...its time to fly my TXLX!

Hi my name is Larry. Some call me "Larry Lobster".. I have done every type of diving you can imagine in the Gulf of Maine & lake diving in NH & Maine. One of the interesting development in fresh water diving is "Eradication" of the weed "Milfoil" that is choking our waters. I started on the ground floor in Maine to assist and volunteer in the means for divers to eliminate this aggressive plant. After 5 years of doing this I can say there is a BIG need for divers to get into the business of harvesting the plant. The state of NH has incorporated a PADI training for Specialty diving and called "Weed Control Diver".. It is a course that enables you to work as an Independent Contractor to do the work. I have recently convinced the town where I live to have me monitor and eradicate this plant in the 2 lakes nearby. I have dove in the beautiful underwater world in the Caribbean & Hawaii. I had my business in Kona Hawaii and did whatever was needed to educate and enhance the sport. The competition was excessive. The way people treated each other with cut throat tack tick was disgusting!... People taking people out without certification and damage control of the reef environment no longer existed. It was all about the money without care. Well I am now back home in the cold New England environment and being accepted by the good old "Yankee" people.! I will be working on this "Environmental Nightmare" for the rest of my life.! I am presently trying to get work in the winters in Florida. No one has the time for me and my expertise!.. I would like to educate divers on the impact of this problem. Going into the pretty world of diving and introducing myself and educate divers that this will be a great resource for work in there home state which is where a lot of recreational divers reside is my goal!!! It will be interesting to see the comments from people through this forum. If there is no response then there is something wrong going on the diving industry.! Hope to hear from someone? Larry Pilotte (Dive Master) working!

Hi Larry:

I grew up in NH and ME. I live in Boston now and mostly dive on the North Shore but I'm interested in your milfoil erradication effort. I know your post is 2 yrs old, but I'd like to know more.

Cheers,
Craig

I finally got my phone app to work. Now I can reply to your comment. Contact me if you still have interest in milfoil

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added March 11th, 2014 at 06:32 PM ----------

You can email me dive on@Juno.com. also my YouTube channel. Divecon42

---------- Post added March 11th, 2014 at 06:34 PM ----------

Email correction
Divecon@Juno.com

---------- Post added April 9th, 2014 at 03:27 PM ----------

DIVERS NEEDED.! Environment Work.Milfoil eradication.http://youtu.be/uZOiohkHBn4
http://youtu.be/BKlpdlNvF2s

---------- Post added April 9th, 2014 at 03:44 PM ----------

I finally got my phone app to work. Now I can reply to your comment. Contact me if you still have interest in milfoil

Divecon@Juno.com

---------- Post added April 9th, 2014 at 03:46 PM ----------

---------- Post added March 11th, 2014 at 06:32 PM ----------:eek:

Email correction
Divecon@Juno.com

Last edited:

---------- Post added March 11th, 2014 at 06:32 PM ----------
uploadfromtaptalk1397072906798.jpg

Email correction
Divecon@Juno.com

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back