Article: The Fate of the U869 Part 2 - The Crow Koiner Incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this the U-who? From The Last Dive by Bernie Chowdhury.

Hey britihstq,

You should read Shadow Divers. The book is about the U-Who and the people who found it, searched it, and discovered its history.

Read the book and you will gain much respect for John, Richie, and John.

markm

Hey britihstq,

You should read Shadow Divers. The book is about the U-Who and the people who found it, searched it, and discovered its history.

Read the book and you will gain much respect for John, Richie, and John.

markm

And for the sake of everyones views, you should also read Shadow Divers Exposed. I have read both and they are both very intuitive books.

Gary Gentile Productions - Shadow Divers Exposed

Shadow Divers is a good read, but you can skip the "exposed" version, its a little venom filled. I like Gary both personally and professionally, but did not really enjoy the book. I grew up diving on the Seeker with Capt. Bill and many of the folks involved and am still close with the Nagle family.

Shadow Divers is a good read, but you can skip the "exposed" version, its a little venom filled. I like Gary both personally and professionally, but did not really enjoy the book. I grew up diving on the Seeker with Capt. Bill and many of the folks involved and am still close with the Nagle family.

Please note that I said it was Intuitive... I didnt say it was a best seller. :)

Read the book and loved it. I also had the honor of meeting John and Richie at Our World Underwater this past winter.

SeaCobra: You may find of interest my back-and-forth with one Mr. Chatterton in the comments to Part One of this story.

Direct link: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...-richie-kohler-john-yurga.html#comments_start

I agree that Mr. Gentile's book got very petty at times, but I thought he made some valid points and his theory as to the cause of the sinking made more sense. And, just in case Mr. Chatterton is reading this, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AFTER READING BOTH BOOKS AND THE ARTICLES.

SeaCobra: You may find of interest my back-and-forth with one Mr. Chatterton in the comments to Part One of this story.

Direct link: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...-richie-kohler-john-yurga.html#comments_start

I agree that Mr. Gentile's book got very petty at times, but I thought he made some valid points and his theory as to the cause of the sinking made more sense. And, just in case Mr. Chatterton is reading this, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AFTER READING BOTH BOOKS AND THE ARTICLES.

Hey Diver4121,

You seem to have moderated your tone. Your comments from the first installment were rather caustic and I thought you deserved everything Chaterton gave you.

I am now interested in Gentile's theory on how U-869 was sunk.

markm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom