Article: The Ultimate Guide to Sidemount Cylinder Trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Here's an illustrated article that I wrote to help sidemount divers struggling with cylinder trim issues. I hope it can benefit some people.

Any comments and feedback for discussion would be good... or anyone with some better illustrative examples/photos, please do let me know.

Ultimate Guide to Sidemount Cylinder Trim

Solid article Andy.

You should write one concerning how easy it is to sidemount deco and bailout bottles too.

may want to consider blurring some faces on the really bad examples, like how they blur the faces in medical textbooks of patients

Yeah, I might get around to that.

As it is, most of these pics came from advertisements and/or dive center pages.. so somebody, somewhere, must have been proud of them. :wink:

The pics are posted under the premise of 'Fair Use' for education and public benefit only. I'm allowing some opportunity for the owners to contact me and request attribution, as is proper.

Bad diving skills aren't covered under the same auspices as medical confidentiality is.

What I don't intend, is for the article to empower any sort of blame or ridicule. The aim is to educate via example and illustration.

Bad diving skills aren't covered under the same auspices as medical confidentiality is.
You'd be amazed. I've had someone pull the copyright card on me for putting a video of the guy harassing wildlife on youtube. Didn't want to go too far on it, so I just uploaded it somewhere else afterwards.

I'm going to suggest a "technical" thing about your articles, maybe that way I'll finally be able to read one 'till the end...The fact that usually half the text, if not more, seems to be some kind of picture refering to another page ( Andy Davis | Sidemount Technical Wreck Diving Instructor | Philippines ) means we can't "blue" the text using a mouse-click when we're reading. I've tried both chrome and firefox, neither work. So if you could change that...
I don't think I'm the only one reading like this, as it allows me to switch tabs and come back later where I had left.
Screen Shot 10-08-17 at 09.19 AM.PNG
Screen Shot 10-08-17 at 09.25 AM.PNG

Saved for next season.

...The fact that usually half the text, if not more, seems to be some kind of picture refering to another page ( Andy Davis | Sidemount Technical Wreck Diving Instructor | Philippines ) means we can't "blue" the text using a mouse-click when we're reading.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't quite understand what you're describing.

I'm checking with Chrome (61.0.3163.100 latest) and not seeing any glitches.

Left-click is disabled to deter content thieves doing cut-and-paste onto other blogs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom