Article: Ultimate Guide - How To Set Up Your Sidemount Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I put together another educational article for sidemount divers. This one focuses on how to set up and configure your sidemount harness. It specifically focuses on the 'mexican cave' (UK style) type of harness. Lots of principles and tips that are hopefully beneficial.

As always, do let me know your thoughts...

Ultimate Guide: How To Set Up Your Sidemount Harness

Step-2.png

Thanks Andy. Great article. (The black webbing disappears on the black page background on my iPad.)

An article that would be interesting is one on ditchable weights. Realizing that is not a principle concern deep in a side mount cave, but for wetsuit openwater it is... With aluminum or LP steel taking up a fair bit of the waist, does that mean putting ditchable pockets on the shoulders?? A topic for a different article maybe.

Andy,
When you do your sizing for the back plates (top and bottom), do you do the measurement over your exposure suit or do you do it normally with a t shirt on.

I dive dry suit.

The black webbing disappears on the black page background on my iPad

Yep...already had reports of that. I used transparent png-24 images for styling. I'll re-do the images with a background for those using night mode or whose display has a black background

Andy,
When you do your sizing for the back plates (top and bottom), do you do the measurement over your exposure suit or do you do it normally with a t shirt on.

I dive dry suit.

I don't imagine shoulder-to-lumbar should be effected by your exposure suit. It's purely a height measurement. Everything else (shoulders, waist, crotch and underarm) is..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom