Aruba OW referral- who should we trust to complete our training???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goofygirl

Reaction score
Getting our class and pool time done here in NY, and doing our OW referral in Aruba on our honeymoon this October- YAY!:)

We want to make sure we have a good experience with a reputable PADI dive operation. Who should we use? :confused:

Also, I've seen that most of the operators run package specials. The more you dive with them the more $$$ you save vs. paying for each dive and equip. rental separately. So if that's the case, should we do a package with one operator, or should we book each dive separately and go with whoever is running a dive we want to log?

Thanks!:)

First ask yourself how much care you used in selecting the best instructor you could find in NY. How many did you interview, how complete are their classes, who spends the most time making sure you know what you are doing and giving you practice time, who spreads their class out over several weeks so you can really know the material................ I would use that same amout of care in selecting the best instructor in Aruba.

First of all congratulations on your rescent entry into the SCUBA world, as well as marriage and upcoming honymoon!!!

I am a PADI Instructor who worked in Aruba for some time. I also worked at a PADI 5 star dive center in upstate NY for 3 years. Besides working in Aruba I've been there 19 times over the past decade.

I agree with Walter, take time, research and choose an operator.

My opinion> I have dived with nearly all the operators in Aruba. There are a lot of quality instructors thoughout the island's operators.

"Pelican Adventures" is one of the larger outfits. They have several fully equiped boats. I had the pleasure of working there with several quality instructors. I recommend Eugine or Ivan highly. These two gents take the time to ensure your mastery of each skill, however long it takes. Both professional and friendly.
The entire staff at pelican (locally owned) are friendly and helpful.
Be sure to tell them Andrew sent you ( of course after you tell them that they will probably throw you in the water, lol).

Red Sail Sports is a 5 star facility with several boats as well. They have the most boats per day, but they do tend to be somewhat crowded. The staff are friendly here too.

Do you know where you will be staying? If so feel free to pm me or email(scuba2scuba@aol.com) perhaps I can be of more help.

Either of the above operators will pick you up at any of the hotels, as most operators do.

There are other operators as well. These ones are a little smaller, but still provide full service.

Aruba Pro Dive
Unique Sports of Aruba
SEA Aruba Fly & Dive
Mermaid Divers
Windie's Watersports

It all boils down to the individual instructor.

Good luck!

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom