Aruba shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sask

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We have dove both in Bonaire 90% shore and Curacao 50% shore dives. We are looking at Aruba for this winter and it looks like shore diving is limited. Is it worth exploring or should we just stick to the boats. I am fine either way but my buddies preference is towards shore dives.

I have been to Aruba 5 times but have only done boat dives, it isn't known for shore diving. JADS Dive Center Aruba is about the only shop that does shore dives. I haven't ever dove with them though.

Anyone know who rents tanks and can you rent them without a buddy present - I have an SDI Solo card.

Aruba shore diving was not the same as Curacao and Bonaire. I only did 1 day of shore diving in Aruba, but 100 in curacao and Bonaire. I forgot which shore dive i did, but it was behind someones house and was a tough time finding the site. It really was not behind someone house, but between 2 homes in a alleyway. If we did not see other divers unloading, we would have never seen the site.

As for the dive, it was nice, nothing different, but the exit sucked. As we exited, there was a lot of waves and if it was not for our cameras, it would have been ok, but we were getting knocked around and trying not to damage the cameras. It was not as easy as Bonaire and Curracao exits and entries. Someone told us most of the times it is better, but we had a rough surf that day.

We enjoyed the wrecks that the dive boats gave us where a dive boat was needed to access. Bonaire and Curacao have nothing to compare the the wrecks. Hilma Hooker was on the same level, but only 1 site. Curacao Sup Producer is a stripped down wreck that offers very little.

Very little shore dive in Aruba 3 spots only the one mentioned above was in pos chiquito also known as whole in the wall, aalmos every dive company do shore dives in Aruba but stick to the boats , since the big appeal in Aruba is the wreck diving the island is the Caribbean capital if wreck diving , if you need tips or hints let me know!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom