Ashland, KY Instructor Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckchick

Scubavangelist
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have a friend who lives in Ashland, Ky and is interested in exploring scuba. (I wonder where she got that idea?) I found precisely ONE shop in Huntington and just got off the phone with them and I was not particularly impressed with what I heard.

Does anyone know of, or are you, any private instructors in the Huntington, Ashland, Ironton area that would be willing to talk to me about how to help her get some experience/training?

Rachel

PM JBD and Ber. I don't know if they're close or not but they might know somebody.

In fact post this in the KPP section.

JBD is in Lexington, 1 1/2 hour drive, and Ber is in Dayton, I think, also a far piece. I was hoping for some local talent, but it appears that the greater Ashland area is a diving black hole.

You ever thought of moving, Mike?

Rachel

biscuit7 once bubbled...

You ever thought of moving, Mike?

Rachel

Yep...To Florida!

you might try GUE diver and cincy bengals fan....both of them know a lot of people....

what would be really cool is if one of those regulator types moved this to the kpp section

There's a shop in Portsmouth OH. Not sure about their integrity, but a phone call may be worth it. The LDS there is Under Water World.

Their url is www.underwaterstuff.com

They tried to pick up ownership of Plum Run Quarry, but unfortunately were squelched by the Brits. RATS!

Rachel,
I'm currently living in Huntington. I too was not overly impressed with the Huntington shop. However, there are two shops about 30 minutes from Huntington. You might want to try St. Albans Scuba (304) 546-6779 www.stalbansscuba.com or divetech and sports in Nitro, WV http://www.divetechandsports.com/

if you go to either nitro or St albans and need a partner (with limited experience), feel free to PM me

hope this helps.

joe

I appreciate all the responses, I was starting to feel very uneasy that there was NO training that I felt was worthy in the region. I've gotten some great suggestions and I'm looking into everything on my friend's behalf.

I'm also glad to hear (in a way) that I'm not going crazy about the Huntington shop.

Rachel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom