Ask - What brand of high pressure ferrule/compression connector is this ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IyaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All,

Again need expert help here.
I can't track the brand of this connection from Bauer catalog.
They just say they use "wold famous" brands.

I tried looking at Swagelok brand and this is not theirs.
I tried looking at Valco Instruments, a fitting manufacturer, not their too.

It so difficult to Google German company doing compression fittings, I assume Bauer uses German brand.

Attached is the photo of the Bauer Mariner final aftercooler pipe into the P21 filter housing.

I need to know who made this fitting. The number on the ferrule or the female connector doesn't show any brand.

This old Mariner other cooler pipe, its first connection at the output of 1st cylinder is also using similiar but bigger ferrule on the coiled aluminum cooler pipe. Its leaking air now and its leaking oil too because Bauer send oil vapour to 1st stage cylinder.

Thanks in advance guys.

IYA

Attachments

• Ferrule - compression fitting.JPG
    Ferrule - compression fitting.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 151
Holy cow...that is what the SS print on it means, gee I thought it means stainless steel. You are an angel Craig. Thank you. I am no looking thru their catalog to ID which model is the one used on Bauer.

No angel here, just 20 plus years as a Bauer service tech, in breathing air.

Craig

Hi
As per craig Voss is fine to use or also try EATON both are fine to use.

The thread in the filter housing is 1/4BSP also known as 1/4G.
Most male stud coupings seal on the end with a dowty seal.
bauer also use a dowty seal but the outside dia is much smaller if you use a std dowty it will not seal on the p21 filter as the face is recssed.
i think its better you use a coupling with a built is seal.

Fittings come in 3 types of duty,Extra light,light & heavy
Its best you use Heavy duty

For 8mm pipe
Form E BSPP with built in seal GEV8SRWD old ref 0184302007
Form B BSPP use dowty seal GEV8SR 0110552007

----------------------------------------------
Oil vapour is sent to the first stage for a reason.
to lubricate valves also top piston rings.
Its also important that you dont have to much piston blow by old mariner is max 20lt/min @ 200bar.
-------------------------------------------------------------
As for the inter cooler pipe fitting you want not enough info [photo] will help.

Hi Craig & Windy ( and thanks Windy ),

I downloaded the Voss catalog. I think they call it cutting rings, I attached the catalog capture.

Its over all length seems shorter than what is installed on the Bauer. Maybe my Bauer is using old model Voss ring ?

The 1st stage aftercooler connection, that is the one leaking. If I recall correctly the ferrule is eating into the aluminum cooler pipe. Attached catalog capture.

May I bother you guys with more questions please :

01. Is the new mariner using stainless steel pipe for all cooling pipes, there are total of 4 if including the one leaking on mine. I know the final aftercooler pipe is stainless steel but the cooling fin on it is steel. The rest 3 are aluminum.

02. I do notice that leaking is quite common on Bauer aluminum cooler pipe fittings when they get old. My last Mariner has that leak too but was sold as is. Is this got to do with with different thermal expansion of the aluminum pipe against the steel stud/coupling on the cylinder head or vibration eating into the aluminum pipe outer diameter caused by that ferrule/ring ?

03. The piston blow by 20 liter per minute at 200 BAR, how do I measure that and what air flow meter best to use ? Do I need to remove the oil strainer ( Bauer catalog called it "exhauster ") and install a measurement fitting over there or tap from the clear tube above the strainer that send the oil vapor to 1st stage piston ?
In a car engine I can test compression per cylinder, how does one go about doing something like this in a compressor with 3 stages like the Mariner ?
If I can read piston blow by, how do I ID which cylinder is the leaker ?

04. Yes, I read about Bauer oiling the valves with oil vapour, the manual has that info . The question is, how effective is the Bauer water separator of a Mariner 200 in removing the oil as the compressor aged ? In the Mariner the 1st water separator is before the 3rd stage piston. The P21 filter housing is a combo water separator filter housing, is this good enough to remove oil from 3rd stage piston by means or separation ? The P41 has stand alone water separator before the final filter housing, is that more effective ?

Gee, so many questions, very sorry guys...:D , I am really keen to know more.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
IYA

Attachments

• Voss ferrule.JPG
    Voss ferrule.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 73
  • Piston 1 aftercooler.JPG
    Piston 1 aftercooler.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 69
Hi Windy,

For some unknown reason I can't find any new PM in my inbox.
Can't be SB server this slow right ?

Thanks
Iya

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom