Assembling simple, bullet-proof, back-up reg set for remote, rugged diving, how does this sound ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For far flung locales I use conshelf 14 military seconds and an Apeks FSR I converted to unsealed. Robust, reliable, simple to self service and tune with minimal tools and parts.

FWIW used to use an US4 but ran into occasional transmitter "lost coms" when on the left side so switched to the two HP port FSR which I unsealed just to make servicing a tad easier.

I'm actually starting to use these HP adapters on some regs:

4 Way High Pressure Adapter , Piranha Dive Shop |

Used on on a Scubapro reg this past July for a week long live aboard in Costa Rica, worked like a charm for being able to position (2) HP transmitters on the left side of the 1st stage.

For me, Atomic sealed first stage anything is all I need. For lowest cost for single tank diving, a Z2 sealed and for a couple of hundred of $$ more, an M1. I'd accept nothing else.

For me, Atomic sealed first stage anything is all I need. For lowest cost for single tank diving, a Z2 sealed and for a couple of hundred of $$ more, an M1. I'd accept nothing else.

Can't argue with that, Atomic makes great regs, but in this particular application I'm looking for a low-tech Chevy 350 V8 type reg rather than a Ferrari V12. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom