Asthmatic looking to scuba dive - had a dive physical today...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations on finally getting cleared and on your determination. Unfortunately some Doctors seem to get on the list of Doctors who do dive Physicals because it is an income stream. Even more unfortunate that they are so concerned about "potential liability" that they seldom sign off on the Medical clearance forms. I have had a couple friends with similar experiences. :(

Does anyone know with the medical waiver if you need to bring the original or will a copy be good enough?

Bring the original and copies, that way you can show the original and give a copy if an op asks to keep the origional for their records. You went through enough to get the waiver, don't let it out if your sight.

Bob

I know I’m out of the loop on much new SCUBA crap. Has DAN wrangle a strangle hold on Pre diving class yea or nea?
Why not just find someone who can cert you locally and skip DAN?
I, fortunately, got certified in 1980 before all the rules.
I have asthma, and now in my 60s- it’s bad. So let’s count. Almost 40 years, countless hundreds of dives. No problems.
Treat yourself to any meds possible before you go. I do my allergy, asthma and even OTC cold meds. Yes, some dives I suck that tank harshly, but I’m still here.
Look around and find a way past this dumb hurdle.

Bookmon, I'm glad it has worked out for you so far but your advice to another asthma sufferer is terrible and could be lethal.

Well I finally signed up for my OW Cert class which is November 10th and 11th and I feel much better being able to just be truthful with them and show them my doctors form clearing me.

Well I finally signed up for my OW Cert class which is November 10th and 11th and I feel much better being able to just be truthful with them and show them my doctors form clearing me.
That’s great, please let us know how it goes

Back
Top Bottom