At what age did this start happening to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent!

There is a current attempt to get more kids involved in this sport. -Looks like it is working... :wink:
To be completely honest, I am immature....

dr bill im sorry to hear that , I hope you can beat it , I HATE that desease , it took both my parents ...gods speed to you

I first used SCUBA back in 1962 and am 70 years old today. Was diving up until July when a surgeon discovered my cancer had returned. No one ever even suggested I was too old to dive! I have friends in their 80s who still dive. Tell those young whippersnappers to bugger off! My son and I are planning to get me back in the water, perhaps even during my current chemo regime.
Praying for your return to health! I hope you do dive and let us know how it goes.

Someone should resurrect this post every 5 years.

See if the divers who have posted about diving respond to see how many from 2011-2012 who said they would never stop diving are still diving.

cheers,

I checked my last post in this thread, it was 2013, 4 years ago, still diving. Thanks for asking. :wink:

Bill, did not know about your cancer until now. Sorry to learn of it. I had my 1st bout already and beat it.....for now.

Hope you get well and wet soon.

I was certified when I was 19, I will be 59 in 4 months....only thing I am ask is " where are you going that no one has ever heard of"? People seem to live vicariously thru my vacations.

Sorry to read Doctor Bills bad news, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

As for the thread, my partner is 63 and I am 58 ( toy boy jokes are banned). She dragged me off to Chuuk this year, it was my third trip and her first. Two dives a day and the second last day saw us in the holds of the San Francisco Maru.
The only people who ask if I still dive are old diving friends who I haven't seen in years and who have probably not dived in years either. Most people ask us where have we been diving lately

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom