Atauro Island, Timor Leste - Location Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donsilcock

Contributor
Reaction score
Last year I went back to Timor Leste after a 4 year gap to spend 10 days diving Atauro Island in the Ombai Strait, about 30kms north of the capital Dili.

I had some great dives and have finally gotten round to finishing the editing of my images from that trip and putting together a location guide to diving Atauro Island which consists of an overview of the island itself, why the diving is good there, dive sites on the east coast and west coast plus where to stay if you go there.

Here is the link to the overview page and just follow the links at the bottom of each page, or the top menu bar to go to the other pages.

Don

ET_14_Mar_Atauro_D09_085_700.jpg

Hi Don

I know this thread is already old but it is quite hard to find information on diving in Timor Leste. So I'm very happy to have found your website with that much information. Thank you!

We are thinking about spending a week in Dili in July. I'm sure the diving can't be compared to famous indonesian dive destination but I still think it could be worth the trip. If you have an more information I would appreciate to know them.

Cheers
Andrea

Hi Andrea, good to hear from you.

There is (in my opinion...) some pretty good diving around Dili and over at Atauro Island and I have documented it on my site - here is the link to the overview page:

Complete Guide to Diving Timor Leste - Indo-Pacific Images

Please let me know if you have specific questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom