ATL to CZM (direct) is $441 on Delta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Price is basic economy. Dates are 5/11 - 5/18. If you want to pick your seat, add $60. Not as cheap as my upcoming flight, but still pretty good out of ATL.

Same dates NYC to CZM one stop $337.00 ...EWR on Continental.....others too.

I grit my teeth when people talk about Direct Flights, which means same plane, same flight number, even if it stops a dozen times on the way. Non-stop is a longer term more challenging to type, but I guess that's what you mean.

It's even cheaper the first week of January, but that fare is available on Non-stop itineraries for several months...

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

I grit my teeth when people talk about Direct Flights, which means same plane, same flight number, even if it stops a dozen times on the way.
Why do you care how many stops the plane makes as long as you can stay in your seat and not have to deal with airports?

Why do you care how many stops the plane makes as long as you can stay in your seat and not have to deal with airports?
Oh, the more stops the plane makes, the longer it takes, plus the additional chances of being delayed. Not a big deal, but faster is better.

Sorry. I rarely have to deal with a "direct" flight that is not "non-stop". I will try better in the future....

Sorry. I rarely have to deal with a "direct" flight that is not "non-stop". I will try better in the future....
They are rare these days, but possible. Many would prefer as few stops as possible.

They are rare these days, but possible. Many would prefer as few stops as possible.

Not out of ATL. Delta's hub. It's rare that I get to sit on the same plane when I can't make a non-stop flight. Most places I want to go are non-stop - or, at least that's what I search for in my daily emails from Kayak.

BTW, my flight tomorrow cost $404/ticket in standard economy. When I priced "Basic Economy", it was over $600. Since my wife has medallion status (and is traveling with me), we get two bags free and upgraded to Comfort +. Now, I did pick opposite window seats (compared to isle and window in exit row) because I would have been the middle seat in the + section.

Oh, the more stops the plane makes, the longer it takes, plus the additional chances of being delayed. Not a big deal, but faster is better.
I'm pretty sure that the way airlines arrange their flights these days, a stop usually means changing planes and making a connection. I can't remember the last time I sat in my seat during a stop.

Back
Top Bottom