Atlantic, I lost count, nuke a few dive canceled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
@Scraps

Mainly posting this show your daughter that we all call dives.

Went to a local (1.5 hour drive one way) dive site. Been so long since I've been there that I forgot rule of that site always high tide.

Mix of things going just a little wrong.

While walking in a perfect combination of wet rocks mild tide perfect timing I slipped and fell park on knee and part on hand with a small jut just enough to pop off my kubi glove on the right hand.

Managed to stand up just to fall to the left just right again (what are the f*$_(&% odds) to pop my left kubi on another rock.

So banged knee two flooded glove with some in arms I called it.

Figured this is New England I've drove further geared up got in the water with inches of vis got out and drove home before so this goes into that category.

Yeah, whoa. What's a kubi glove? Why high tide a must?--was it an inlet dive?
But hey, I love it. Wet rocks, 2 falls, 1 foot viz, knee....I sure know that scene! Recently? Diving wet?
Man, at pushing 66 I need no more of that $%^# (see my posts in "Grumpy Old Divers").

Kubi is a dry glove system. VIS was likely pretty good as no recent storms and winter up here gets better VIS but I didn't make it that far.

In high tide your deep enough where a lot of your weight is off your feet and you can lean back and float/surface swim before you hit the bad rocks.

Oh and before someone ask, my buddy was helping me stand.

Thanks. Yeah, tides can be a problem with entries here too of course. Where I dive in winter I must wait every 2 weeks for high tide so I can get 10-15'. Too cold to hit the summer sites diving wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom