Atlantis Puerto Galera & Dumaguete Nov 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderwaterBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After some agonizing American airlines mileage searches & multiple phone calls I'm finally about to book a 2 week trip to the Atlantis Resorts in Puerto Galera and Dumaguete for Nov/Dec 2015!

Any recommendations on splitting the amount of time between the two resorts? I have about 12 nights between the two and I seem to be reading more comments that the reefs are stunning in PG. I think we'd be interested in at least one or more day trips to Verde Island. Not interested in whatever type of nightlife they have in PG but I am interested in it maybe having a little better diving. Maybe 7 nights PG and 5 at Dumaguete? Any other tips, anyone else going to be there over Thanksgiving? Don't suppose they serve turkey there....:D

Hi UnderwaterBumbleBe,

We're so glad you're coming for a visit with us, and we'll definitely make sure that you have a wonderful time.
I'll be happy to assist you with any of your questions about the resorts, diving, transfers, turkey dinner :D, etc....
So far I like your split of 7 nights at PG and 5 at DU.

Sharon Connor
Marketing Manager
sharon.connor@atlantishotel.com
305-407-2501 (EST)

We did 10 days at PG and 4 at Dumaguete back in 2012. 10 days at PG was perfect; 4 at Dumaguete was definitely too short. Based on that, I'd say your split should work out well. We are headed back in a couple weeks - this time we're doing 7 at Dumaguete and a week on their liveaboard. We'll see if 7 turns out to be too many at Duma...

I think both places are about equally good, I am sure you will have a great time at both. You may wish to plan your transfer day through Manila on a Sunday if possible because of "trappic"! :)

I liked the diving more at PG.
I liked the resort more at Dum.

7 and 5 are good. Get out to APO when at Dumagette

Too late to change the plan!
Anilao + PG is far better, no need to travel back to Manila for the domestic transfer. Therefore more time to be spent on diving than catching ferry, car and flight etc etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom