Atmos 2 Backlight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, I killed the flash and then took the image and adjusted it in Photo Shop to make sure that it duplicated the light as it was. There just is NO comparison.

Sasquatch:
I've added a photo to illustrate my point. This is my computer with the backlight on and the demo from the Aeris website. Can you see the difference?

I've corrected the contrast/brightness to make this as real as possible. there may be some variations between your monitor and mine but I don't think it's a subtle difference we're talking about here!

Wow! That's definitely not right. I just got an Atmos 2, a couple of weeks ago, and love it!! I tried the backlight in some swimthroughs and it was plenty bright enough.

It was also bright enough on a night dive, that my buddy could read the elapsed dive time on it.....

Sasquatch:
No, I killed the flash and then took the image and adjusted it in Photo Shop to make sure that it duplicated the light as it was. There just is NO comparison.

No worries, lets get it back and you another unit. When I cave dive I refuse to use the backlight because it's so bright it annoys me, so something is defiantly wrong with yours.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Best,

Chris

Hey, Chris. Maybe we should swap? I might have received the cave diver version. :)

Thank you all for the feedback and especially to you at Oceanic that bothered to reply. Though I'll miss it for a while I'll send it back.

Sasquatch:
Hey, Chris. Maybe we should swap? I might have received the cave diver version. :)

Thank you all for the feedback and especially to you at Oceanic that bothered to reply. Though I'll miss it for a while I'll send it back.

we won't have it long, 2-3 days at most.

Received an email from Joe at ScubaToys. They are sending a replacement even before I have returned my unit. Wow!

More to come...

Got the new DC a couple days ago and the backlight is brighter!

More to come...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom