Atmos Elite Hoseless - Can't Download

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Detonate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well, I got the Atmos Elite Hoseless computer last week. Dove all weekend with it.

I LOVE THIS COMPUTER.

When I bought the computer I got the Universal Dive-Downloader cable/software for the ridiculous price of $125. However, it does not work.

I tried every setting I could think of on my COM port. Finally I called Aeris. The tech tells me that the Universal Dive-Downloader doesn't work with the Elite. So I ask which one I'm supposed to get, and she says "We don't make one for the Elite.... yet."

So then I ask her why it specifically says that it supports PC Downloading, not to mention has the cable port in the side, and setting on the computer to download to the PC.

She explains that they THOUGHT the Universal Downloader was going to work with the Elite, but apparently it doesn't...

She suggested I take the cable/software back to my LDS (well no S@#$) but also suggested I take the computer back.

:( But I really like the computer. :(

I'm very disappointed right now. Not sure what I should do.

I also have this computer and am curious why they recommended taking the computer back to your LDS when you called about a software problem?

What gives?

Thanks,

Jason

This is the same as the Oceanic VT Pro. I also adore the computer, but the software is not supposed to be ready until late this year. Perhaps they will improve on the regular Oceanic software.

dnhill

Back
Top Bottom