Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So basically expectation is that the dive computer is a throw-away after 5 years when the battery goes? Or does Atmos offer a replacement?

I'm not sure how well lithium ion batteries hold up over very long times if they don't go through too many charge cycles (like if I only used the computer for 10 dives a year)... would it last 10 years (100 cycles), but lots of time passed?

Not sure on that battery chemistry. I know lithium ion in teslas and other cars has proven to last a lot longer than they expected so it's possible these batteries could hold 70% for quite a long time.

So basically expectation is that the dive computer is a throw-away after 5 years when the battery goes? Or does Atmos offer a replacement?

I'm not sure how well lithium ion batteries hold up over very long times if they don't go through too many charge cycles (like if I only used the computer for 10 dives a year)... would it last 10 years (100 cycles), but lots of time passed?

Not sure on that battery chemistry. I know lithium ion in teslas and other cars has proven to last a lot longer than they expected so it's possible these batteries could hold 70% for quite a long time.

Here are a couple updates I have been working on. Below information has come straight from the Atmos Manufacture.

In regard to Android Issue:

We are now quality test the new app. And hiring more developers to solve android issues.
It'll be great to have more feedback from you.

In regards to the Battery Questions:

For the after service of the battery. At this moment, Our HQ in Taipei has the capability to change it and test the computer.

If the battery failed during the warranty period we'll change it for free.

And if after the warranty period the service fee would be 70-50USD.

The customer covers the postage.

And for your reference. Normally a lithium battery can sustain 500 charging cycles. And Mission one can do at least 6 recreational dives on 1 cycle. So it will be thousands of dives before the battery fades. The service center for North America in the next few years is on our road map. (But now I can't guarantee it)

I went to a pool last week that was 13 feet deep and the ground elevation was about 2800 feet ASL maybe a few hundred feet higher. The computer never turned on and recognize that it was in the water /depth to turn on the scuba mode. Even when scuba was selected it never registered the start of a dive which i had it set to 5 feet. At the deepest part of the pool the depth read 6 feet and bounced a few times to 7.

I spoke with the engineer about your notes and most all are already being addressed by firmware update expected late March.

I'm looking to get this one. Hope to get some reviews after the update.

Here are a couple updates I have been working on. Below information has come straight from the Atmos Manufacture.

We are now quality test the new app. And hiring more developers to solve android issues.

In regards to the Battery Questions:

For the after service of the battery. At this moment, Our HQ in Taipei has the capability to change it and test the computer.

If the battery failed during the warranty period we'll change it for free.

And if after the warranty period the service fee would be 70-50USD.

The customer covers the postage.

And for your reference. Normally a lithium battery can sustain 500 charging cycles. And Mission one can do at least 6 recreational dives on 1 cycle. So it will be thousands of dives before the battery fades. The service center for North America in the next few years is on our road map. (But now I can't guarantee it)

Right, I'm sure that Atmos will have a similar quality battery and durability as other manufacturers. The main risk is that, as a brand new company, if they go out of business and then there is no one that will know how to replace it. Just curious to know if they did go under how difficult it would be for an LDS to do that type of work, or how hard it would be to find a compatible battery (especially if it is a proprietary li-ion form factor)

At the $400ish price point though it's still an amazing value even if the DC only lasts 5-6 years. I'm very bullish on this computer though and look forward to trying it out.

Thanks @hsinhai, I appreciate your posts

The Mission One's settings are clearly labeled with the same GFs as the Shearwater rec presets. The Atmos deco algorithm appears to be rather consistently a little more conservative than Shearwater for clean, 1st dive. Interestingly, I also have a Dive Rite Nitek Q. It's clean, 1st dive NDLs are more in line with Atmos than Shearwater...

I finally got back down to Florida and access to my Nitek Q. Here is an expanded table listing NDLs. The Mission One appears a bit closer to the Nitek Q than to the Teric.

upload_2020-3-7_14-56-21.png

At the $400ish price point though it's still an amazing value even if the DC only lasts 5-6 years.

I paid < $200 for mine 7 years ago and I expect it to last until I get tired of it and upgrade. How is twice much for half as long "amazing" -- unless I missed the invisible <sarcasm> tags. :confused:

waiting since mid 2019..... lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom