Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To get this thread back on topic. Atmos recently released an update to the M1 itself.

Of note:
. Power saving function that turns off display and Bluetooth if idle for over 2 minutes
. Vibrates and shows 'OK!' when compass is calibrated
. 24-hour countdown timer next to the NO-FLY icon

Personally I would still like to be able to disable the GPS as I suspect that is one of the main drains on the battery

It seems to me that the GPS is off when the M-1 is in watch mode. Vice-versa for bluetooth.

Speaking of GPS..... Every time GPS connects, it resets the time. That's great. But it doesn't account for DST. I then have to go into settings and reset the hour. I see no other way to force DST, maybe I missed it?

Atmos told me that they are aware of the DST bug. It is related to the Android app which will be fixed in next update, June 2.

To get this thread back on topic. Atmos recently released an update to the M1 itself.

Of note:
. Power saving function that turns off display and Bluetooth if idle for over 2 minutes
. Vibrates and shows 'OK!' when compass is calibrated
. 24-hour countdown timer next to the NO-FLY icon

Personally I would still like to be able to disable the GPS as I suspect that is one of the main drains on the battery

I did this update and it messed up the time keeping and gave it trouble to acquire GPS signal.

I do like the calibration notification i sat like an idiot twisting the damn thing for 5 minutes the first time i tried to calibrate. I wish they would give this watch some altitude settings for planning and such.

ATMOS just released the app 2.0 (iOS and Android)

Release note:
You asked to share your diving journeys with your buddies, and we heard you. This new app upgrade contains the following new features:

● Live Feed

Share your adventures with other ATMOS users. Set your dive log to public and add photos and it will automatically show up in the global Live Feed. Leave comment and like if you see anything interesting!

● SAC rate

SAC (Surface Air Consumption) rate will be calculated when you enter the tank volume as well as the start and end pressure levels

● Support for Japanese and Korea

● Bug fixes and other improvements => fixed the DST bug

Attachments

• 20200608_2_0_post_01.jpg
    20200608_2_0_post_01.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 87
Finally got a chance to dive the M1 yesterday. Shallow GOM artifical reef spearfishing, so not able to test/compare NDL. Vis was crappy so I had to use the compass nearly the whole time. I marked our reef locations with the GPS. Having this capability is surprisingly convenient. Depth gauge is dead on. Exporting .uddf logs to put them in subsurface is not difficult, but would be easier if M1 was supported directly.

Finally got a chance to dive the M1 yesterday. Shallow GOM artifical reef spearfishing, so not able to test/compare NDL. Vis was crappy so I had to use the compass nearly the whole time. I marked our reef locations with the GPS. Having this capability is surprisingly convenient. Depth gauge is dead on. Exporting .uddf logs to put them in subsurface is not difficult, but would be easier if M1 was supported directly.
Hi @greeniguana

Thanks for the brief report, look forward to future updates, especially regarding the presets and custom GF. How was the color screen underwater, and with the poor vis?

Hi guys I just acquired the atmos mission one and I really like it.
However , I couldn't find the TTS or TAT total ascent time on the display, only the first ceiling and deco time.
I asked Atmos support about it and they told me there is no such information on the display.
I hope they will add this on the next update cause it's an issue for safety in my opinion.
I tried to push the limit to verified if I could calculate it on my own. To do so I changed the conservatism to his maximum and I've done a 34m dive for 50'. Basically with 2' deco stop i thought I could calculate my TAT with a (10m/ min) ascent rate.
But when the mission one showed me 2' deco at 9m I didn't know how long the next stop was for. In fact when the 2min a 9m were over, 22' a 6m were added and then 3" safety stop.
It's a problem to plan your dive according to your air consumption. Ok when you stay in the ndl but it can be surprisingly bad when you have an unexpected deco stop.
Otherwise it's a wonderful computer. It's adding a lot of fun with all the features included. It's a giant step forward compared to my latest dive computer (aqualung i200) for an affordable price.

But when the mission one showed me 2' deco at 9m I didn't know how long the next stop was for. In fact when the 2min a 9m were over, 22' a 6m were added and then 3" safety stop.
It's a problem to plan your dive according to your air consumption. Ok when you stay in the ndl but it can be surprisingly bad when you have an unexpected deco stop.

Ratio are the only ones with reasonable (for no-stop diving) GF "conservatism" presets. With any other "ZH-L16+GF" computer that I know of, don't use presets for no-stop diving. Now you know exactly why.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom