Atomic Aquatic Regulators.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have run across a mention of upgrading the white balance chamber in early second stages with a black one included in service kits. Does anyone know what the issue was? This would be pre 2003.

Mine's made out of Zirconium.
Whatever that is.
It sounds really cool.

Is it the sparkley cubic type, or the flatter black style?

I have run across a mention of upgrading the white balance chamber in early second stages with a black one included in service kits. Does anyone know what the issue was? This would be pre 2003.
Better plastic, IIRC

Better plastic, IIRC
Thanks for that. It's kind of amazing how little the Atomics have changed since they were introduced.

Offhand, does anyone know if the Scubapro first stage bullet tool will also work on an Atomic first stage?

Offhand, does anyone know if the Scubapro first stage bullet tool will also work on an Atomic first stage?
It does, it just lacks the o-ring that holds it on, not necessary it you pay just a little attention.

i love my Atomic B2. When I first got to this forum I was kind of disappointed at the lack of talk about Atomic Regs. It seems like everyone here loves Deep6 regs or Scubapro.

I, too, have an Atomic B2 reg. Some follow up observations to your post...

1.) Deep6 is respected as a strong value brand gear line that's made it easier for more people to self-service their reg.s, from what I understand. Some of their folks have also been valuable contributors to Scuba Board by posting information. Plus their Eddy fins rock for some of us.

2.) Scuba Pro is a long-time respected brand...you'll see other names, too, like AquaLung. I've seen SP gear criticized as being a bit pricey, though, so it hasn't all been 'love.'

3.) While I like my AA B2 reg., gotta say...when I've had issues on dive trips (Bonaire and Roatan), I've found not every dive shop is ready to handle parts or repairs. In the past, I've gotten the impression that Scuba Pro is widely prevalent internationally. Is that true?

So here's a question. For people who anticipate much of their diving will be on 'dive vacations' to the Caribbean region, possibly other places, who don't plan to service their own regulators...do you see Scuba Pro having an advantage over Atomic Aquatics regulators in terms of likelihood of ready access to dive shops with parts and familiarity to work on them?

Been wondering this for awhile, and your post prompted me to ask.

I, too, have an Atomic B2 reg. Some follow up observations to your post...

1.) Deep6 is respected as a strong value brand gear line that's made it easier for more people to self-service their reg.s, from what I understand. Some of their folks have also been valuable contributors to Scuba Board by posting information. Plus their Eddy fins rock for some of us.

2.) Scuba Pro is a long-time respected brand...you'll see other names, too, like AquaLung. I've seen SP gear criticized as being a bit pricey, though, so it hasn't all been 'love.'

3.) While I like my AA B2 reg., gotta say...when I've had issues on dive trips (Bonaire and Roatan), I've found not every dive shop is ready to handle parts or repairs. In the past, I've gotten the impression that Scuba Pro is widely prevalent internationally. Is that true?

So here's a question. For people who anticipate much of their diving will be on 'dive vacations' to the Caribbean region, possibly other places, who don't plan to service their own regulators...do you see Scuba Pro having an advantage over Atomic Aquatics regulators in terms of likelihood of ready access to dive shops with parts and familiarity to work on them?

Been wondering this for a while, and your post prompted me to ask.
Curious as to what issues you had with your AA regs on trips?

Back
Top Bottom