Atomic Aquatics B2 leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

enduser

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My Atomic Aquatics B2 1st stage regulator is leaking. It is not a small leak, it is basically freeflowing.

The air is coming from a vent in the saddle. From this schematic.

19F97F22-1CB7-474E-AAEC-CE286BED7981.png

The air is coming out of this vent.

92567ADE-62A7-4BA6-8056-1DFF4D277924.jpeg

Any ideas on what it could be? I'm thinking maybe this o-ring.

EF8EA054-811D-4BAB-9F50-A54B8EC5F2AB.jpeg

Just to be clear. Unless it is something easy I'll be taking it in to get serviced. Just trying to understand the problem a bit better.

My Atomic Aquatics B2 1st stage regulator is leaking. It is not a small leak, it is basically freeflowing.

The air is coming from a vent in the saddle. From this schematic.

View attachment 575547

The air is coming out of this vent.

View attachment 575548
Any ideas on what it could be? I'm thinking maybe this o-ring.

View attachment 575549

Just to be clear. Unless it is something easy I'll be taking it in to get serviced. Just trying to understand the problem a bit better.
That is the most likely source, if you have the socket it’s an easy fix, even if you find the nut loose you’ll probably want to change the o-ring.

yes probably that o-ring. You can accidentally loosen up that fitting if/when you partially purge the first stage and then begin to crank on the yoke screw and then also rotate the regulator body relative to the tank valve o-ring face.

I often see people do this when a reg is "stuck". They get frustrated and start twisting things, Rotating the first stage (when there is tension on the yoke screw) can tear up the tank valve o-ring AND loosen up the yoke screw nut.

I realize this is an old thread, but would like to share that I had the exact same issue on my B2 yoke setup mid-way into a dive vacay. The surprising thing was that the reg was maybe 1.5 years old with <50 dives logged.

Went out on a morning 2-tank boat, dove the first dive just fine, but while changing tanks, a significant leak developed coming from under the “saddle” in the schematic.

Back at the shop, Shannon at Sun Divers Roatan disassembled the yoke retainer (which was loose, btw) and found the the o-ring was torn into two pieces (BIG thank you to Shannon for taking care of this). Replacing it resolved the leak issue.

yes probably that o-ring. You can accidentally loosen up that fitting if/when you partially purge the first stage and then begin to crank on the yoke screw and then also rotate the regulator body relative to the tank valve o-ring face.

I often see people do this when a reg is "stuck". They get frustrated and start twisting things, Rotating the first stage (when there is tension on the yoke screw) can tear up the tank valve o-ring AND loosen up the yoke screw nut.

This root cause description seems to be the most likely scenario.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom