atomic b2 or what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beboandles

Contributor
Reaction score
i have taken awh:huh: ile to assemble my equipement.after some time of reading and chatting i am happy with every thing that that i have purchased so far.the only problem that i have run into is the regulator.i am leaning toward the atomic aquatic b2 but i would like to hear from divers that have first hand experience with different manufacturers.i have only dove with a few different ones.
all opions are helpful and most defineately welcome......

Ya can't go wrong with the B2 . . .

the K

Go 4 it they're great

Have been diving one for over a year - it is a very nice reg that actually gets better the deeper you go and the harder you work it.

Michael

I agree with what has been said but I will list my complaint with Atomics... they're too pretty. Seriously! I have this "thing" against pretty tools. I have this thinking that if a manufacturer spent so much time on the finish & making them look good, then they must have skimped on the quality (atomics did not do this!)... thats why I like my SP Mk25, its pretty damn ugly! But the S600 is sexy...

Over the years I have owned most of the modern Scubapro regulators. They were good regs, but I have some issues with Scubapro's warranty. I also was unhappy with the new X650. On a training dive with an out-of-town LDS I complained to my new instructor about my MK25/X650 Scubapros, so he offered to loan me one of his spare M1s for the day. SOLD!!! The very next week I switched from my Scubapros to Atomic M1s, and I have been very happy with them since. The Atomic B,T and M series first stages are all simulair in design. Differences between the models are mostly in the materials used, and if sealed with Cristolube. The second stages have quite a few nice features like the seating saving design, swivel, heatsink, mouthpiece and the automatic venturi control. Also the recomended 2 year service schedule will save $$$ over the years.

I love my B2 - light, great swivel, great mouthpiece, and a wide exhaust. Some prefer to add the M1 exhaust to make it even wider.

Plenty of info on the board about the B2 and it's competitors.

I have a B2. Great reg. I don't know if it's better than say a apexs ATX50 or not but it's very good. I use a Z2 for my backup. IMO once you get to this level of performance all regs are pretty good. The thing I like about Atomic's is that the overhaul period is 2 years vs 1 with everyone else's. You still have to get an annual inspection. I think SP requires an annual overhaul but the parts are free for life...I think that is correct.

Mike

atomic makes a great reg, it just has a great big price tag, I think zeagle make a very comperable reg for less money. I have the flathead and love it, I have used several different regs, and it is by far the best one i have used. just another option

Atomic Hands down, it does perform better the deeper you go and I agree about it being Pretty, I have yet to get my T2 wet. The B2, M1 are the same except the M1 has the monel piston and is 50/80 nitrox out of the box. The only upgrade you may consider is the wider exhaust tee upgrade to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom