Atomic M1 jam nut size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is interesting, if this is the M1 you got from me, it was factory original on the primary second and if the secondary had the same nut it was a factory replacement. I’ve found Atomic to be unresponsive since the take over.

Yes, from you Lex. It's most definitely a 13/16, the nut is on the right way round, it has flats on either side, hose side, for use with a wrench.

Yes, from you Lex. It's most definitely a 13/16, the nut is on the right way round, it has flats on either side, hose side, for use with a wrench.
Interesting, I’ll be home later today, my other M1 also has the replacement nut, I think.

It is interesting, if this is the M1 you got from me, it was factory original on the primary second and if the secondary had the same nut it was a factory replacement. I’ve found Atomic to be unresponsive since the take over.
Atomic has been terrible since the buyout. I hope Dean et. al. did well, but I'm sure going to miss having him pick up the phone when I call.

I see the Huish yacht in Key West fairly often. Makes me want to tromp down the dock and give him what for.

Interesting, I’ll be home later today, my other M1 also has the replacement nut, I think.
Did you replace the stock nuts with the heat sink? I did the opposite, I replaced my heat sinks with hex nuts.

It's the same in both second stages. I know this isn't a big deal just curious.

E1A237DC-FDDF-46CA-851A-F3598DE24325.jpeg
42494C6E-4D73-417F-8509-0007CD7E42B3.jpeg
833B97C5-73F2-4A54-9C49-2E09B4EDB4D4.jpeg
815B8DCA-C30B-4C77-831E-8DC08B1D2029.jpeg
3AB84401-A778-48C3-B819-7076DDFC7A46.jpeg
1751703D-6038-4230-AD4E-C6CC07EADDDC.jpeg
0448365C-761E-44D4-9D87-C3FA1DD767D3.jpeg

My set is definitely 13/16, have not been altered and have factory original nuts on them as far as I'm aware.

Did you replace the stock nuts with the heat sink? I did the opposite, I replaced my heat sinks with hex nuts.
The one Simon has is factory, a 5 or 6 year old reg, the other second was replaced with the new nut for two reasons, one it had an Omni swivel that I use one another set and two, most importantly Simon can’t deal with non matching regulators :happywave:

I prefer the older ribbed heat sinks but I can’t find them anymore so now I also just use the standard chromed brass nuts, even on my titanium Regs. Any water cold enough for that big heat sink to show an improvement won’t have me in in anyway.

I replaced my heat sinks with hex nuts.

Did the heat sinks make removing/replacing the hose a PIA? The nut in Buddhas' picture looks like it only has two wrench flats-not one of my favorite designs for hardware.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom