Atomic M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate to part with this M1 but I'm matching my doubles set and can't afford another one!

From your post it sounds as though you are selling it to buy two regs that are the same. While a great idea, in practice they do not need to be exactly the same. Especially, with Atomic as they are the same for the most part. For instance, A Z2 would have been a fine match. In fact, you might find that if you move into deco the M1 would have been a great reg for that. Which is basically what I have done. Of course all of this discussion is moot as it looks like you sold the M1.

BTW did you see these forsale?

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/classifieds-regulators/338577-fs-atomic-b2-din-regulators.html

Last edited:
From your post it sounds as though you are selling it to buy two regs that are the same. While a great idea, in practice they do not need to be exactly the same. Especially, with Atomic as they are the same for the most part. For instance, A Z2 would have been a fine match. In fact, you might find that if you move into deco the M1 would have been a great reg for that. Which is basically what I have done. Of course all of this discussion is moot as it looks like you sold the M1.

BTW did you see these forsale?

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/classifieds-regulators/338577-fs-atomic-b2-din-regulators.html

M1 is sold.

Scared Silly, I was able to get a great deal on some other tech regs so I went that way rather than buying another Atomic reg to match the M1. What I do need is a new computer and the easiest way to keep my wife from griping about my scuba budget is to come up with some extra cash.

Thanks for your input though. It's appreciated.

What I do need is a new computer and the easiest way to keep my wife from griping about my scuba budget....

If you are ever successful in coming up with a way to prevent this, I will pay you for the solution :D.....I hear "When will it end?" and shockingly get the look when my immediate response is "Never!".

Does this conversation sound familiar to those who have non-diving significant others:

Me: Honey, I need a new dive computer.

Wife: Don't you already have a dive computer?

Me: Yeah, but it only does one gas mix and is limited to 50% Oxygen.

Wife: Don't you breathe 100% when you're diving?

Me: No, actually 100% oxygen can kill you pretty quickly.

Wife: What does the new computer do?

Me: Well, it's wrist mounted for one but the big thing is it can do two gas mixes up to 100% oxygen.

Wife: Didn't you just say 100% oxygen can kill you!?

Me: (AHHH CRAPPP!!!!) Well yes honey but I've had a class to learn how to handle mixes over 50%.

Wife: How much is the computer?

Me: I haven't picked one yet but I'd say I could get one I like for $500.

Wife: No

Me: But ...

Wife: No

Me: What if I sell something else?

Wife: I don't care if you sell your last pair of underwear.

Since I figured no one on here wanted any of my underwear I decided to part with my M1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom