Atomic Regs with Swivels on Long/Short Hose Configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The same can not be said the AA computer their hose is truly custom - if it blows yer screwed without one of their hoses.

I'm not sure this is correct re AA hoses. I have a Cobalt dive computer and took it in to an Atomic technician this morning to get the face plate changed (as per their recall about 12 months ago - I have only just got around to it). When he had finished changing the cover I asked about the hose as I want to move mine onto a shorter hose for use in side mount. He showed me that you can just peel/pull back the rubber cover and then the computer plug is just connected by a standard connector which can be disconnected then moved onto a standard Miflex HP hose.

Looked and seemed logical to me but I haven't moved mine yet - but does seem you can easily change or replace AA Cobalt connectors.

P

I have a set of M1's for back-mounted doubles and a set of T2x's for my single-tank diving. Single tank setup is with T2x on long hose, and T2x on short hose with necklace bungee. On all 4 second stages I removed the swivel. You will need a 'jam nut' for this though, available from Atomic.

If you want to attach a long-hose to the Atomic Regs (M1-excluded) you have essentially two options. For those with other reg types confused by the question, please understand the bolt length Atomic uses will not accomdate standard hoses as it's 2x longer than "normal".

Option 1: Purchase an insanely over-priced premade hose from Atomic

Option 2: Purchase the M1 Screw on spacer for you non-M1 Atomic Regulator (M1s already have the spacer). Simple remove the entire short hose with the swivel, and you'll have an excessively long threaded bolt infront of you. Screw on the M1 spacer and you're Atomic Reg will fit any standard hose/swivel you'd like to use. My personal favorite setup is using a flex hose with a 70* swivel on my ST1.

You'll need to get the "M1-Spacer" from Atomic. If your LDS/Atomic Dealer does anything with Tec Diving they'll know exactly what the part is, and probably have some in stock. If they have no clue, point it out on a factory new M1 second stage.

IF you have M1 regs, your regs include the spacer and you can connect whatever hoses and swivels you want.

If you want to use 7ft long hose, ditch that 2nd stage swivel and use rubber hose. Coupler to extend the swivel hose to long hose just sounds like a bad idea to me.

I assume because you don't like the idea of more potential failure points in the system?

Option 2: Purchase the M1 Screw on spacer for you non-M1 Atomic Regulator (M1s already have the spacer). Simple remove the entire short hose with the swivel, and you'll have an excessively long threaded bolt infront of you. Screw on the M1 spacer and you're Atomic Reg will fit any standard hose/swivel you'd like to use.

What you are referring to is what is called the heat sink for M1 otherwise you can use a jam nut that comes std. with the Z2.

How much did a 5' hose run you?

~$80

I assume because you don't like the idea of more potential failure points in the system?

Yes

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom