Atomic T25 - a cool $ $2,799

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just because you don't know of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Composite Diamond Coating, Wear Resistant Coating, EN-Diamond Plating for Metal Parts at the top of a quick search.

Now if this is a worthy application of such a coating? Probably not. But it does exist. The properties are not bad, just a different way to get to them. And it has the buzz words that marketing can roll with.
What a bizarre bunny trail that lead me down. I typically think of using diamonds as an abrasive. Using diamond for wear reduction on gears is completely counter-intuitive.

If the diamond coating companies' claims are accurate, this regulator would be much more scratch resistant - at least for the metal parts. Have to say though, my normal brass/nickel (I think) regs only tend to show wear on the plastic pieces. There's not much in the way of scratches on the metal.

Is the rebuild on these the same interval as anything else? I would assume so... I don't have this much wrapped up in my entire gear set.

For some people money is not a problem. For me it just makes my Z2 more of a bargain.

Could be cashing in on a pandemic reaction thing.... I'm still alive, I now realize how short life can be and I've got money, so dammit I'm gonna buy that thing!
I have heard that the sales of very expensive guitars went through the roof a little while ago because a lot of people who always wanted that Martin D28V suddenly decided "why the hell not"!

Diamond Like Carbon coatings are no big deal and have been common in the firearms industry for many years now. Certainly not enough to justify a thousand dollar premium.

I have two Glock pistols with DLC coatings. One tan and the other black. Their pricing was about the same as the ones with the Tenifer finished slides.

This is the Atomic version of the gold plated MK-10 and G-250 anniversary edition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom