• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Attach a Spare Air to a ScubaPro Hydros?

Discussion in 'Advanced Scuba Discussions' started by grtday, May 26, 2019.

1. MrBigfins

MrBigfins ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    If you use the travel belt, I added 2 split d rings on each side of the belt. You should have room to clip the back of the spare air to the last new d ring and the front of spare air to the factory d ring.

2. Clayton122

Clayton122 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199

Do we have to start the bp/w vrs bcd conversation on these forums every single time?

3. caruso

caruso Banned

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Best way to deal with opinionated, off topic posts are to simply ignore them.

4. Dan_P

Dan_P DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    How much gas do you need to enter a gasshare in an emergency and make your planned ascend?

That volume will dictate which solution might be adequate, and then you can look at how to secure it.

Personally, I think the most simple and practical solution by far is to keep the reserve inside my primary tank(s).

chillyinCanada likes this.
  5. NAUI Wowie

NAUI Wowie Manta Ray

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Bro! you got a hydros just buy the bungies you can attach on the weight pouch areas. If you get the larger size bungies a 3 cf spare air would work fine. maybe even, well probably even a 6cf spare air.

I also have a hydros and love it. Dont listen to maxbottom. Hes getting crotchety nowadays , darn whippershnappers and their newfangled contraptions!

lol

see the vid below for hydros accessories , or go to utube and look up hydros pro with accessories.