Attaching a knife to a Knighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WickedWeasel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a Knighthawk BC and want to attach a small dive knife (preferably just above the weight pocket). My LDS suggested to not put any kind of holes in the Knighthawk material as it will begin to unravel. I was planning on using a soldering iron to melt the fabric after I make the mount hole. Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

Why not just put it on the strap on the left of the buckle over the cummerbund, assuming you can unthread and rethread the loose end?

Last edited:
Thanks for your input. Are you referring to the strap that would go across by mid section?

Yes. In at least one of the pictures I found, it looked like you could back the loose end of the strap out through the buckle and slide the sheath on there. I would really consider a Trilobite or similar rather than a knife too.

I have a Trilobite on the right side of my waist belt. I have a titanium folding knife in the left sided pocket.

When I had a Nighthawk some years ago, I did exactly what rongoodman suggested, using the expensive dive knife that my wife bought me as a gift as I headed off for the Galapagos. I set my gear up on my tank and then went back inside the boat to get ready for the dive. When I came back out the sheath was still securely fastened, but the knife was gone. Everyone on the trip was part of a group from my dive shop, so I am sure none of them took it. It is likely still a prized possession of a member of the crew.

Well, that has nothing to do with the Nighthawk or the suggestion of where to put it. It's just that your question triggered a bad memory, and I wanted to vent.

Wow, Boulderjohn...that would really piss me off. I wouldn't have thought about that happening on the boat, but yeah...I guess there are all kind of people in the world.

OP, I wold melt the holes like you planned, and I would install your own brass grommets. The combination of the heat and the grommets should keep it from fraying.

I place my knife on the back of my console and attach my the console across my body on the right shoulder d-ring. Does not really answer your question about mounting directly to the knight hawk BCD but It is an option.

Back
Top Bottom