Attaching a Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone seems to want to tell him how he SHOULD be doing it rather than helping him. I do not agree with running the tx on a hose as it is easily setup in SM right on the first stage but you do you.

Dive and let dive!

Thanx for all the advises on my set up.

But I’m still curious as to where one would put air spools....

The end of the hose won't seal to anything (gauge, transmitter, QD) without a spool. That I just how the end of the hose is made.

As for the QD to transmitter, one would have to look at the parts. If there is a swivel involved, like a regular gauge can swivel on the end of a hose, I would expect a spool. But if it just screws in solid, like a button gauge or a plug fits into a 1st stage, probably no spool. Check the O-ring and the mating surfaces.

The spool location or its necessity would depend on the HP QD adapter.

I just went air integrated and will be trying things out in just over a week. I put the transmitter right into the 1st stage. We'll see how it goes.

I've not used a QD fitting, but it would seem to me that you would need a spool on each side of the QD. But what do I know?

Cheers -

No, because the TX doesn't need a spool. It can screw directly into a first stage.

To put a transmitter on a hose, it needs a spool. I would think that if you connect a transmitter to one side of a QD you would need a spool. If you connect the QD to a hose, do you need a spool? I thought so, but what do I know?

Cheers -

Edit: Clarified my comment

There may be exceptions, but in my experience I think the spool winds up wherever the swivel is. If a connection does not swivel, it probably does not require (or even allow) a spool. For Pelagic products the spool is between the hose and the female QD part. For Suunto QD the swivel is part of the QD mechanism, and no spool is required.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom