Attaching AI transmitter to the 1st stage

How do you attach your AI transmitter to your 1st stage?

• Directly

Votes: 55 57.9%
  • With a short hose

Votes: 39 41.1%
  • Other, designate below

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think a short hose is more comfortable as you can move it out of the way when you need to, if not it just sits there like a stubble and sometimes gets in the way.

There's those who want the dangle, and don't care about the extra "failure point".
And there's those who don't worry about the monkey DM who picks up your gear by the tank knob, except that, Oops!, the knob turned out to be your $300 transmitter. It hasn't ever happened (yet).
I guess it's obvious that my vote is in favor of the extra failure point, lol!

I think the idea of "failure point" in the context of adding a hose is often overstated. If one is going to niggle about adding an extra high-pressure house between the 1st stage and transmitter then perhaps one should remove the hose connected to the power inflator and orally inflate their BC/Wing. The reality is there are trade offs for every configuration, power inflators are an "ease of use" trade off, while the extra high pressure hose is "damage avoidance" trade off. At the end of the day it is up to each diver to calculate how much risk that represent to them self and either accept/reject that risk and set their configuration accordingly.

-Z

HP hose over my shoulder with transmitter on a QD & stub hose, attached to chest D-ring on right side. Can disconnect for safe keeping, and can also switch to conventional SPG, and clip off in a common configuration on left.

Just paint the thing dayglo orange.

Directly, I’m the only one who handles my gear, only exception was diving Truk and the gear guy knew what he was doing.

There's those who want the dangle, and don't care about the extra "failure point".
And there's those who don't worry about the monkey DM who picks up your gear by the tank knob, except that, Oops!, the knob turned out to be your $300 transmitter. It hasn't ever happened (yet).
I guess it's obvious that my vote is in favor of the extra failure point, lol!

"monkey" ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom