Attorney dead at Square Lake - Minnesota

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t have a problem diving solo every time someone dies or gets hurt they throw up the buddy system rules, “ I say to each their own”. I except my accident or death if it happens solo diving you learn and practice as you go. Divers that need a buddy that’s on them leave the solo divers on their own.

I remain puzzled by the title of this OP. An attorney died. Does being an attorney make this loss more tragic? 'Attorney' does not figure prominently in the obituary. Why here?

It appears that he was a wonderful person, a fellow diver: https://www.muellerbies.com/williamlbrown He sounds like someone who I would dive with...

I remain puzzled by the title of this OP. An attorney died. Does being an attorney make this loss more tragic?
It was just mentioned in one of the news stories: Scuba diver who died in Washington County lake ID’ed as Shoreview attorney – Twin Cities

I am not a professional journalist. When I post about a new accident here on A&I, I do try to show some identification in the title to differentiate from other threads. Your objection is dully noted.

A lot of folks like their titles and use titles as a way to show respect; doctor, professor, attorney, pastor, officer, senator, etc. Perhaps he was proud of achieving his position? I think they were not releasing his name, initially, so "attorney" may have been as much info as they could release.

Your objection is dully noted.
This goes into my top-ten autocorrects.

No, I'm not a journalist either. Noted that you like to add a bit of info to the title. Now I get it. Please carry on...
:hm: I wonder why the new smilie menu doesn't have any laughing? I tried journalism in high school, even went on to state competition once - scoring well in headline writing, but spelling was always a weakness.

Back
Top Bottom