Auckland New Zealand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ANDYNZ has totally nailed it. Ditto on all his recommendations.
The ride out & back to the PKnight can be a bit rolly polly. They sell a wonderful seasick med in OZ & NZ called "Qwells" if you think you might need it. Over the counter at most pharmacies.

Xman:
His post was from months ago and his location says UK. I'm gutted I'm working this week so I can't come up on the Knights trip.
Wednesdays dive on the Minato Maru was cool, but I am soooooo sunburnt.
My whole head is peeling, which is not a good look.

Remember the dates in the forums are displayed the crazy ( :D ) American way!
The post is for this month:14:

Hi Andy
Thaks for the invitation but I was already on tour.. I ended up hired a car and drove on 15th and dove PK on 16th wiht Dawn, Sam & Jury (Dive Tutukaka). It was a great dive it was cold but not that cold.

Shame that I am rushing through NZ otherwise would love to do the White Island.

Thanks buddy!

donnyb:
ANDYNZ has totally nailed it. Ditto on all his recommendations.
The ride out & back to the PKnight can be a bit rolly polly. They sell a wonderful seasick med in OZ & NZ called "Qwells" if you think you might need it. Over the counter at most pharmacies.
Oh yeah~ that was a buppy ride, one of the girl was sick for the whole day... :14:

soya:
I ended up hired a car and drove on 15th and dove PK on 16th wiht Dawn, Sam & Jury (Dive Tutukaka). It was a great dive it was cold but not that cold.

We would probably have passed each other in the shop or on the dock - I was out with a student on the wrecks, just the two of us on one of Dive! Tuts other boats.... nice just being two of us.

Dawn, Sam and Jury are a good crew to go out with - got a lot of time for all of them!

What sites did you dive?

By the way, it wasn't *that* bumpy!! Dive! Tuts still go out when the swell is easily three or four times bigger than it was on Friday... now that's when it gets fun.

Xman - Hey look on the bright side, I missed the Minata trip as I had to work, and missed the whole week up north, again thanks to work! I mean, me, having to work four full days in a week! That sucks. Got plans to go officially part time next year, so more time diving. In Canada at the moment, but will catch up when back in NZ.

I dived with Dive! Tutukaka in October, 2005. Great bunch of people, contact them for information about a dive/packpackers hotel in Whangarei. There's a bus that brings divers from the hotel to the dive shop at the harbor.

It takes about 2-1/2 hours to drive from Auckland to Nganguru, but here's my caution!!: if you aren't used to driving on the left side of the road, and you are renting a car, make sure you get an automatic transmission!! Also, there are some one-way bridges in Nganguru that are very narrow, and it is difficult to judge from the "wrong" side of the car. Take it slow and be nice. This from one who gave the entire country of New Zealand heart attacks with his driving! (Sorry, and cheers!) ...and oh yeah, the sports club in Nganguru : great place! They have good food, and they don't know how to play pool well, but they make up for it in drinks and enthusiasm. They are very friendly.
Cheers,
Doug

Taniwha:
This from one who gave the entire country of New Zealand heart attacks with his driving!

Ah, Doug.... but how did you get on with the (ridiculous) turn left give way rule?? That's the easiest way to spot a visitor to our shores!!

It took me a while to get used to it - now when I go overseas I assume that I have right of way when I don't and have managed to annoy a lot of people so I guess we're quits! :wink:

AndyNZ:
Ah, Doug.... but how did you get on with the (ridiculous) turn left give way rule?? That's the easiest way to spot a visitor to our shores!!
:wink:
Hehe, Andy the issue I had with the "give way" rule was in the roundabouts. I would wait and look and then realize the other guy was waiting for me. We don't have roundabouts in the US, at least not in California. We have to wait for traffic lights instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom