audio on DC2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cathycalg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I am just learning about my new Sealife Dc2000. I shot some video yesterday while snorkelling and there was quite an annoying sound....I seemed to me it might be the internal working of the camera as it was trying to keep the scene in focus. Does anyone know about this and how to prevent it?
Thanks!

A little more info. It doesn’t happen on all the videos...it seems to happen only when I’m shooting video of turtles. What’s with that??

If you put the video on youtube and post a link to it here it might help. From your description it sounds like it could be the auto focus motor making the noise. Happens on most cameras with auto focus.

If that's what it is, you can do your best to keep an even distance from your subject. That way the camera will need to change the focus less frequently. Easier said than done on a dive, unfortunately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom