AUG 31 Drift Dive with DD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lil' Irish Temper:
Good thing you guys didn't find this on your drift dive yesterday:

Aug 25, 2005 - Buffalo Police have made another disturbing discovery along the Black Rock Canal.

According to officials, two men found another bag containing human remains in the river Wednesday afternoon, similar to the bag that was found on Tuesday. The Buffalo Police Underwater Recovery Team was out all Wednesday night, searching for anything that would help in the investigation. They say they're looking into missing persons cases, but have no idea yet as to the identity of the remains.

“The items were found about a quarter mile up river from where we found similar items yesterday,” said Det. Sgt. Daniel Rinaldo, Buffalo Homicide.

No suspects have been questioned in connection with this case and police cannot tell us how long the body has been in the water. The remains found Wednesday were taken to the medical examiner's office for testing later this morning. Police believe all the remains are from the same person.

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=3765708&nav=0RapdkLw

Great, now we know what happened to Jimmy Hoffa (or someone that shared his predicament).

Seriously, that wouldn't be a great thing to have happen on a drift dive.

Ken, Keep me informed if they do cancel!! It is looking like nasty weather however.

With the rain starting Tuesday and coninuing into Wednesday being Heavy at times......... due to runoff the vis would probably be about 6" :11:

It figures!! I was finally going to make it to one of these!!! :-(

6" is a bit much don't you think?? more like 2" after this rain coming!! Figures doesn't it!!

OK, Ill check with the shop on Tuesday and post Tue eve but knowing Darryl he won't call it until Wed afternoon anyway. I'd suggest taking the shop's phone # to work and calling in the afternoon on Wed to find out exactly what the plan is going to be.

I also saw the weather and it really is supposed to be bad. Since Heather and Rick have to drive so far to make the dive I am open to the suggestion of just calling the thing right now. I realy don't want you guys to come all the way over here to find out it was cancelled anyway. I wouldn't feel bad if we called it off, better than you driving so far for an iffy dive (like you really care about my feelings).

Ken

Just so everyone knows,
They issued a flood warning for tonight, and said to expect 3-4 in. of rain. Like Rick said not good for the viz.

yup... Looks like we're not going!! I'm callin it! Flood watch and they were saying 4-5 inches of rain by 1pm wednesday. Murphy's Law eh?

Ken,

We were on Squaw Island under the bridge today looking for an entry point, and for some spots were we can run lines, and the viz is about 15 feet.

After this storm it going to take a week for the viz to clear up again. We found a spot, but you have to scale some rocks to get to it. Should be quite a cache of artifacts in this area since it's rarely disturbed by divers. :D

Eric, you are SO BAD!!! Teasing us all with this stuff!! Go find that schooner please!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom