Aurora Res Saturday MAY 1st, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, we had the pleasure of being the first divers of the 2010 season. The rangers were very interested in us and the conditions, but they were polite and professional.

Dive report: Colorado diving at its most typical. Cold and murky. I would say vis was 6' and the temps were 46 deg at the plane.

The crawdads were still sleeping and I didn't see a fish.

Lots of organic crud at the bottom... very very silty.

Give this site a month to settle if you ask me.

:)

Justin

Well, just to add to BigBubbaJ's dive report, I'll say that in spite of wind (fair bit), current (little), and a stuck inflater valve (mine) we had a good chilly 23 minutes of bottom time, with 4-6' vis.

I will say that I learned a number of things diving with J, the most important of which is, don't be afraid to learn how to field strip your gear.

I don't know much about local lakes, but this one needs to settle.

Thanks

Mortis.

It has been windy of late, and that is likely the root of your poor vis. I've done Aurora this time of year, and had 15' of vis, so I blame Bubba.. I mean the wind!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom