Austria-Czech-Poland interesting inland dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Subcooled

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can you recommend any nice dive sites in these coutries?

Submerged structures, beautifully carved riverbeds, canyons, sun lit underwater meadows, caves... anything worth seeing?

Right now it's good moment to visit Austrias' Green Lake. It's seasonal lake in mountains which pops to existence from melting snow. Perfect clear water.
In Poland there's a lot of interesting wrecks in Baltic see, but not only, there are beautiful lakes like Narie, or popular dive spots like Zakrzowek or Piechcin.

Green Lake is closed for diving because of "eco terrorists".
In Poland best dive IMHO are the wrecks in Baltic Sea. A lot of wrecks in Hel, Gdynia, Władyslawowo area. Some are accessible from shore and very shallow. Some are 3 h boat ride like Wilhelm Gustloff - now forbidden.
There is also old stone mine in Jaworzno near Katowice. Nice lakes everywhere i.e. Trzesniowskie near Łagów, Hańcza.

Green Lake is closed for diving because of "eco terrorists".

That's a shame, the Grünen See was on my to do list. Here's what I found posted about it:

Liebe Taucher!Hiermit möchten wir Sie darüber informieren, dass das Tauchen im Grünen See aus naturschutzrechtlichen Gründen in Zukunft nicht mehr möglich sein wird.
Die Entscheidung erfolgte aus folgenden Gründen:
„Nach genauer Prüfung der verschiedenen Fachgutachten und gesetzlichen Bestimmungen betreffend Natur- und Landschaftsschutz ist die Eigentümerin des Grünen Sees, für alle Gesetzesverstöße und der sich daraus ergebenden Schäden alleine verantwortlich. Als gesichert gilt, dass die Aufwirbelungen des Seebodens durch den Tauchbetrieb verursacht werden, und sich nach einiger Zeit ein Sandbelag über dem Seegrund festigt und die leuchtende Farbe des Sees verloren gehen wird. Auch wird der dadurch geförderte Pflanzenbewuchs gefährlich.
Die bisher geduldeten Seenutzungen wie schwimmen, Boote, Luftmatratzen oder Hunde tragen zu einer Verunreinigung dieses sensiblen Gewässers bei. Auch das muss unterbunden werden.“
Wir hoffen auf Ihr Verständnis und verbleiben
mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Tourismusverband Tragöß – Grüner See

My German language skills, while far better than my Japanese language skills, are still basic but I think the gist is that divers aren't allowed to dive there anymore.

Thanks! I am currently living in the czech republic, and Im really looking forward to dive there, Ill try Poland. Its a shame the green lake is closed... but well, we will find someplce else! Contact me if you want a diving buddy in central europe! Im totally down!

Hi, not sure if this topic is still active but .. as for Czech Republic, we have our own site with locations, etc

Strany potápěčské - Potápěčské lokality

just check the map and click it :)

here are some basic translation
- stát - country
- oblast - county
- typ - type (sladká = fresh)
- nadm. výška - above the sea lvl
- poloha - location
(you can try google translate .. but ... good luck with that)
then some description of the site + pictures + reports from scuba divers ... if there is anything else, let me know, I will try to help

enjoy :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom