Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I watched the 3D movie and loved it. I went in with no expectations and walked out wanting to pay full price to see it again. I was not as impressed with the 3D portion of the movie but the CG were otherwise incredible.

I have seen the 3D version twice! I loved it so much the first time that I took my mom and sister to the second showing! Avatar changes how movies will be made.

I loved the christmas tree worms, etc!

I saw it in IMAX 3D and will happily pay to see it again. While the story may not be original, that's not the sole determinant of what makes a great movie. The pacing was very good for a 2.5 hour movie, the storytelling was wonderful, and the CG and environment was completely immersive. For what it is, it was truly breathtaking.

Ditto on what everyone has said. It's simply visually spectacular. I would see it again. The only thing I would change is not seeing it in 3D simply because the glasses were bothersome during the last 30-45 min or so...

If you are in search of a high brow classic, Avitar is probably not your movie, but if you are looking for an experience in imagery and color that overwhelms you, then I recommend Avitar unequivocally.
I too think this will have a significant impact on films that follow.

I saw it in IMAX 3D

Now THAT is something I would pay extra to see. Unfortunately the IMAX theatres are not quite close enough to me.

Back
Top Bottom