• 0.8-0.89 cu ft/min, 22.6-25.4 l/min

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • 0.9-0.99 cu ft/min, 25.5-28.2 l/min

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • greater than or equal to 1.0 cu ft/min, 28.3 l/min

Votes: 14 1.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe someone will help me understand the SAC Rate my Aeris XR2 download program calculates. Here's the info from dive #257 in 78 degree water:

I was wearing a non-neoprene Sharkskin suit with 6 lbs. of lead.

Cylinder: Faber Steel 80
Working Pressure: 3500 PSI
Dive Time: 53 minutes
Average Depth: 62.17 FT
Start Pressure: 3700 PSI
End Pressure: 800 PSI
FO2: 36%
SAC Rate: 0.015 FT3/min. (the 3 is in very small print next to the top right side of the T)

I've gone to the Aeris manual and can't find the info I need.

So, is my SAC Rate good or bad? And which answer would I put in the survey? That is the question.

Hi islanddream,

I did not think the Aeris XR2 was an AI computer, are you sure that is the model you are using? Assuming you are using a Pelagic Pressure Systems computer (Oceanic, Aeris before being merged into Oceanic), are you using the OceanLog download software or some other application? I currently dive an Oceanic VT3 and am using OceanLog 2.4.9, 6/12/15. In the dive log are listed cylinder size, working pressure, dive time, average depth, start pressure, and end pressure. The application calculates SAC in psi/min and RMV in cu ft/min. As an example, for a recent dive with an AL80, I had a SAC of 14 psi/min and a RMV of 0.36 cu ft/min.

I have no idea what the 0.015 cu ft/min in your log is. There are simple calculators you can use to generate your RMV such as DiveNerd - SAC Rate / RMV Calculator, Imperial Units Using this calculater, your RMV appears to be 0.43 cu ft/min. You would use that to vote in the poll assuming that is around your average RMV. Best of luck figuring out your download software.

Good diving, Craig

I got my AVG SAC from Subsurface..

Capture.JPG

Hi islanddream,

I did not think the Aeris XR2 was an AI computer, are you sure that is the model you are using? Assuming you are using a Pelagic Pressure Systems computer (Oceanic, Aeris before being merged into Oceanic), are you using the OceanLog download software or some other application? I currently dive an Oceanic VT3 and am using OceanLog 2.4.9, 6/12/15. In the dive log are listed cylinder size, working pressure, dive time, average depth, start pressure, and end pressure. The application calculates SAC in psi/min and RMV in cu ft/min. As an example, for a recent dive with an AL80, I had a SAC of 14 psi/min and a RMV of 0.36 cu ft/min.

I have no idea what the 0.015 cu ft/min in your log is. There are simple calculators you can use to generate your RMV such as DiveNerd - SAC Rate / RMV Calculator, Imperial Units Using this calculater, your RMV appears to be 0.43 cu ft/min. You would use that to vote in the poll assuming that is around your average RMV. Best of luck figuring out your download software.

Good diving, Craig
Hi Craig:

Thanks for the info. My Aeris XR2 isn't an AI computer. I use the logbook provided by Aeris and it automatically puts in DC Model: XR2. After your post, I edited mine to show info that I get when using an AL80. These numbers make much more sense.

OK...with a little more research I found I had the cylinder size incorrect. I've now put in the right size (78.2 FT3) and my SAC rate makes much more sense!

To be honest... no ***** given when it comes to my average gas consumption. Because it can be anything from 12L/min to 18-19L/min.

To be honest... no ***** given when it comes to my average gas consumption. Because it can be anything from 12L/min to 18-19L/min.

and, hopefully, you will submit your average to the poll, see conversion p 4 of thread for metric to imperial. I'm sorry I didn't include the conversion in the original poll, hindsight....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom