Average set up costs for diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today, here in the USA, that price would probably be about $40.

well, I would respectfully beg to differ. I use a Seadive EagleEye SL mask which costs over $100. That mask fits me absolutely perfect. I have tried at least 20 different rental masks and they were absolutely horrible, leaked and everything. I would not cheap out on a mask because I think that is the most critical piece of equipment. There is a saying "you get what you pay for" and it has held true for every single sport that I have been involved in and SCUBA is no exception.

$1700 should get you top line brands and will cover everything except cylinders and training.

With masks it has less to do with price, and more to do with fit. My buddies favorite mask and one of the few that fit him well, a cheapo body glove. He can't find them any more. He tried his wives Atomic, my favorite BTW, and it leaked like a sieve. I would guess that most masks cost a few bucks to make, and fit may have nothing to do with cost. :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom