• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Awesome customer service

Discussion in 'Desert Star Systems' started by seansrs36, Mar 6, 2015.

1. seansrs36

seansrs36 Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I had to send my Sport tracker in for service. Andrew Kramer at DSS was awesome. I always am perplexed why not more people use these. These are a great device and a great way to find your way to the boat. I would highly recommended any diver to invest in one of these.

warmwaterturner and RickyF like this.
  2. Kharon

Kharon Solo Diver

Price!!!

rwkosh likes this.
  3. TwistedGray

TwistedGray Dive Equipment Manufacturer

# of Dives: 0 - 24
  4. Kharon

Kharon Solo Diver

I wasn't inquiring about the price - I was answering the implied question "I always am perplexed why not more people use these." which I quoted. Why more people do not use these is, quite simply, price. If the price was reasonable/acceptable divers most likely would adopt it. Personally, I'd love to have one - just not at what it costs.

5. rwkosh

rwkosh Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I agree with Kharon. Were the price half of what it is, I know that I and a buddy with a boat would definitely buy one. I realize that you've set the price at what you need to make a profit, but I can simply pop my head up up briefly to check the location of the boat for free. I'll wait and see if the cost comes down.

Kharon likes this.
  6. seansrs36

seansrs36 Barracuda

Well I don't think they are overpriced. I think it is a great thing to have. I do photography and it gets me back to the boat.

7. Calvin Tang

Calvin Tang Photographer

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    It would be very compelling if the company partnered with a major dive computer manufacturer and they were able to incorporate the technology right into a dive computer.