awesome indoor training pool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lobbolt:
training pool
Check this out. Never seen anything like it. What do you think diving in that would be like?

There is a similar training pool in Montreal in the Olympic Stadium. It has 2 training platforms: one at about 15', the other at about 33'. The bottom is at approx 55'.

One one side of the cylinder has several glass windows. It was great fun flipping upside down waving @ kids, blowing bubbles, etc. :D

Beats the heck out of our 9 footer!

What a concept......a pool where you can actually use an entire tank of air!

Jester:
What a concept......a pool where you can actually use an entire tank of air!

I used an entire tank of air in a pool twice. Once was my spare Air, the other was an AL 80, it only took me 2:58! :eyebrow:

gedunk:
Hmmm 30 degree C spring water? Isn't that 85+ degree F? Wonder how they control the bacteria issue?
I have seen some pretty amazing stuff done by using ozone in a protein skimmer. The site says "no chlorine smell", so perhaps they are using a system that uses chlorine (or something like it) within the filter and removes it from the water before returning it to the main tank.
gedunk:
Ferment? What is that like a sand filter?
That looks more like a description of the layout. My guess is that "ferment" is a mistranslation of something.

Don Burke:
I have seen some pretty amazing stuff done by using ozone in a protein skimmer. The site says "no chlorine smell", so perhaps they are using a system that uses chlorine (or something like it) within the filter and removes it from the water before returning it to the main tank. That looks more like a description of the layout. My guess is that "ferment" is a mistranslation of something.

Hey Don

The words Ozone and Protein Skimmer :06:

Do you keep a marine fish/reef tank :06:

TX101:
It's in Brussels. I'd like to go before I move back to Australia next year.

I've heard though that you must use their equipment (ie. you can't bring your own). Can't remember the reason why though.

Try this one in the UK

http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/static/pages/3940.html

I think you can still dive it by appointment :06:

Mr Mares:
Hey Don

The words Ozone and Protein Skimmer :06:

Do you keep a marine fish/reef tank :06:
Not exactly. I am a volunteer diver at the Virginia Aquarium, which is the new name for the Virginia Marine Science Museum. It is a rare week that I am not diving in one of the aquariums and often it is two or three times a week. I do take on quite a bit of cleaning, so I suppose I could say I _help_ keep a marine tank or two.

Being a retired submariner, I just could not resist picking the staff's brains about all the pipes, pumps, and gadgets. :)

You have reminded me of something. There is a demonstration reef tank that has all the pieces and parts in view and I need to take a bunch of pictures of it before the powers that be decide to replace it with something else. Those pictures would be great for explaining some of these things to people.

Don Burke:
Not exactly. I am a volunteer diver at the Virginia Aquarium, which is the new name for the Virginia Marine Science Museum. It is a rare week that I am not diving in one of the aquariums and often it is two or three times a week. I do take on quite a bit of cleaning, so I suppose I could say I _help_ keep a marine tank or two.

Very nice :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom