B-29 Bomber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Celt5494

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just dove the B-29 Bomber in Lake Mead. She is in about 140 FFW and still very intact with minimal damage. The front of the plane was torn away during impact so you can look directly into the cockpit and see all the equipment left behind. Very fun wreck to dive and the NPS has opened it up to charters on a trial basis. So you can book a trip with two different shops if you find yourself in the Las Vegas area. The price of the dive is around $460.00 and they only accomodate a tech divers for this because of the depth and complexity of the dive.
We did the wreck on 21/35 Trimix, 50/50 and 100% O2 for our deco. Before that dive we went on a PBY Catalina which rests in about 170 FFW upside down. This one from what I understand was not a Military wreck and was owned by a private company when she went down. I believe two souls were lost with the remains un recovered to date.

Celt5494:
Just dove the B-29 Bomber in Lake Mead. She is in about 140 FFW and still very intact with minimal damage. The front of the plane was torn away during impact so you can look directly into the cockpit and see all the equipment left behind. Very fun wreck to dive and the NPS has opened it up to charters on a trial basis. So you can book a trip with two different shops if you find yourself in the Las Vegas area. The price of the dive is around $460.00 and they only accomodate a tech divers for this because of the depth and complexity of the dive.
We did the wreck on 21/35 Trimix, 50/50 and 100% O2 for our deco. Before that dive we went on a PBY Catalina which rests in about 170 FFW upside down. This one from what I understand was not a Military wreck and was owned by a private company when she went down. I believe two souls were lost with the remains un recovered to date.

For the cost to dive the bomber....is that just one dive at this site as I understand?

What does the shop provide for $460?

Looking at TDS it appears that I'm not the only one shocked by the price, for something that (site protection issues aside) I'd be hard pressed to call anything but a rather routine dive.

Thalassamania:
Looking at TDS it appears that I'm not the only one shocked by the price, for something that (site protection issues aside) I'd be hard pressed to call anything but a rather routine dive.

I have never really looked at dives as routine.

I think this is one of those 'log book' type treks....not available in many diveable locations....cost is pricey but most things in diving is.

Given the opt. I would deff. do it....would be nicer if it were still in the 200+ffw range!

PS---I don't think I have every seen quite the 'bio' as you have written up on a board. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom