B.C.'s beautiful Sunshine Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubakat

Reaction score
Hi all ! I am wanting to put together a weekend trip to beautiful BC in february! The destination I have in mind is to Porpoise Bay Charters on Sechelt Inlet on B.C.'s beautiful Sunshine Coast.

I understand that the diving & accomodations are fabulous. There's a wreck, walls, drifts... Just about anything you want to do! Here's a trip report from a diver who was there recently.

We would have 1 dive Friday afternoon (or night dive), 3dives Saturday and 2 dives Sunday; accommodation Friday and Saturday night; 3 meals Saturday (breakfast, lunch, supper) and meals on Sunday (breakfast, lunch) [the group does their own supper on Friday - there are several good restaurants in town and the pub -with good pub food- next door]. All for the low low price of $285 CDN per person.

The dates that have potential are Feb 23,24 or Feb 2,3.

Let me know if you are interested, and what dates would work for you & I will finish up the details!

-Kate

Good question Uncle Pug! I don't know but I will find out.

-kate

Currents in Seeschelt Rapids
actually very good on Feb 22 - from 8:30 am to 9:30 am current goes from .5 kt ebb to .5 kt flood with slack at 9:15

Feb 23 - from 10:10 to 11:10 same with slack at 10:45

Feb 2-3 are big exchange days and don't look good at all.

Best talk with your Charter outfit and see what they recommend.

Kate,

What accomodations would be available for someone like me on either end of what this itinerary includes? I might be able to get a good deal on a flight up there, and if I can round up a dry suit, I just might joing up with ya.

Tail end of February would work best for me.

Where would I be flying into? SeaTac or Vancouver?

And can we claim this an official NDI dive since we would have two of the Mods in the same stretch of water? :)

TM- either should be fine. The border crossing is normally quick between here and Seattle. Ferry isn't too far from the airport.

TM -
If you are worried about coming in a day before and leaving a day later we'll find a place to put you up - I have a couch if nothing else... Not sure I want to dive with only mods though...
;-)

Big T

Hi Mike, either should be fine, though flying to Seattle will add about 2 hours to your travel time. I'll give my report on border crossing after New Year's. The last time I went through (early october) it took 20 minutes to get into Canada and 2+ hours to get out. I was worried that the inspector would think that my canister light was component for a bomb or something but they didn't question it.

Thanks for the current update UP! I hope that santa is going to bring me the 2002 Tide & Current tables.

I think this absolutely could be a NDI dive! I am going to post it to my local dive club too when the dates are confirmed.

What abou you Kane(adian) ? Aren't you in Vancouver?

-kate

Hey Big T... If you don't want to dive with only mods I'll see if I can find you a special dive buddy. I think Uncle Pug likes to dive with "rototillers"? I'll see if I can round up a pair of them for you. :)
See you tonight?

-kate

Rototillers???? I don't even know what that is...
I'll see you tonight - going to pick up my suit today, with a little luck the new boots will not be leaking...

Big T

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom