B.C.'s beautiful Sunshine Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by WetDane
Rototillers???? I don't even know what that is...
Big T
Watching over Rototillers.....
This is a public service Uncle performs on occasion....
Definitely not a preference for a dive buddy....
Just that Rototillers sometimes feel the need for someone to watch over them....
Because no matter how good the viz was for the guys just getting out of the water....
It never is when they dive...
I might add that not all Rototillers need or want watching....
I just have a few friends that feel better with an audience....

Rototilling can be accomplished with any fin but split fins & force fins excel. Being over weighted and descending vertically helps them get off to a good start but maintaining a heads up 45 degree angle of attack is the key to sustained rototilling performance. Continuous hand movement, scissor kicking, twisting and turning are all part of the process.

Uncle usually floats above the insuing cloud and watches for the occasional fin flash and makes sure the bubbles keep coming. It is usually over in short order as rototilling is strenuous work and their juice just doesn't last long.

Ahh - I will have to practise this - I believe this is why my buddy and I just about spat out our regs from laughing when we participated in a deep dive class... Oh - and we forgot to get out of the water after the instructor determined 15 minutes...

If you don't mind - I will leave my rototiller at home

Big T

Kate, ya, I'm in Vancouver, the days you have set out though are preceded by "reading week" so while most are skiing, etc. I may go home, don't know yet, but might. Besides being a newbie I would probably be doing some rototilling. I like that term. Best answer I could have for you is maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom