B.C. Sunshine Coast - Feb 22-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakat

Reaction score
So its official... I have reserved the diving & accomodation at Porpoise Bay Charters for Feb. Friday 22nd to Sunday the 24th in the new year of 2002!

I understand that the diving & accomodations are fabulous. There's a wreck, walls, drifts... Just about anything you want to do! Here's a trip report from a diver who was there recently. And yes, Kal says that the currents for Sechelt Rapids are favorable that day. Though he couldn't promise that particular dive we will keep it as an option.

We will have 1 dive Friday afternoon (or night dive), 3dives Saturday and 2 dives Sunday; accommodation Friday and Saturday night; 3 meals Saturday (breakfast, lunch, supper) and meals on Sunday (breakfast, lunch) [the group does their own supper on Friday - there are several good restaurants in town and the pub -with good pub food- next door]. Tanks and weights are included too. Oh, and did I mention that there's a hot tub?

All this for the low low price of $285 CDN per person. I need to have a deposit of $75 (US) by Jan. 15th 2002. Send me a private message & we can exchange contact information.

I hope that this can be a chance to meet some scuba-boarders & that maybe we can start a tradition. I think that it will be great fun!

-kate

Oh this will be MUCH more fun than taking an AOW class... Can you do your class before the trip? Then you could put all of your new skills to use on a fun excursion!

-K

February isn't good for me. I don't see that you ever posted a trip report for Port Hardy. I've always had an awesome time when I've gone there.

I was going to go in September but this Bonaire trip with Natasha came up so I'm doing that instead.

I would prefer Port Hardy to this trip you are planning. So keep me in mind if you ever do one of those.

Consider Bonaire in September, though!

Is this B.C. as in British Columbia?!?! If so, I take it this is a cold water dive then seeing as how it is in Feburary?

Just a little point of fact I think that needs clarifiation before people decide to go or not go since there are a bunch of people that don't have dry suits or skill inusing one.

If I am completely wrong here set me straight :)

Thanks

ST

Originally posted by scubakat
Uncle Pug? Big T? Seanmf? are you interested in this trip?

-K

Wouldn't ya know it...
When you have one you have two....
When you got none....
Well that's another story....

Uncle Pug's got two to choose from....
But one is more $$$ and no food ....
The other is less $$$ with food....
But the one that is more $$$ has more diving.....
food...diving....food....diving...$$$$....diving.....food....

I'll get back to ya....
BTW... any takers yet?
What a bargain!!!
$285 Canadian's gotta be about $185 US right?

SpyderTek: Yup, that's right, it's B.C. as in British Columbia. The water temp will probably be in the 40's (F). Having a dry suit and skill in using it would be a very good thing. If you are very brave (and hot blooded) you might try it in a wetsuit. Look here for a nice description of the area.

Uncle Pug: I saw a posting for the other trip to Sechelt last week. If it's the same trip you are looking at there are only six dives and four air fills included, no food, and the diving + accomodation is about $100 more... Plus on this trip you might get to meet a world reknowned swamp diver. :) I will be posting this trip locally today or tomorrow.

Sea NMF: Sorry that you are not free to go in february. I'll be sure to post a notice about my next port hardy adventure.

Happy New Year!!!

-K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom