B C's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyfishin

Registered
Reaction score
I am starting to purchase my gear. New divier so far i think I am on the right track.
I only want to buy things once. (We all know how that goes.) Mask , apollo split fins, wet suit, apeks atx 200 with egress octo bought. Next unless I am way off base will be a Bc (thinking zeigler/ranger) supoposed to be a very good cold water bc looking for input was told maybe a seaquest would be better. Then thinking good dry suit. Most of my diving will be in the Pac NW pudget sound coldwater up in British Columbia and anyplace the local diveshop ower takes groups. Any advice on the BC and DRYSUIT would be greatly appreciated. If my other gear was bad choices go easy on me very much a rookie. thanks
Fly

well from my time on this board i would say go with a BP/wing style and for drysuits i have been seeing alot of people liking the bare tech drysuit but yet i have not dove with this one yet a drysuit at all so i would not know. If you dont know what a BP/wing is i got couple links for you man to look at
www.Halcyon.net
www.omsdive.com
www.golemgear.com
www.deepseasupply.com
All of them are really good makes cheers man
Chris

The Ranger is an excellent BC for cold water diving, as is the SeaQuest Pro QD+. You should make your decision after trying them on based on fit and comfort.

really all bc are great some people dont have loads of money to spend so they just get a lower level bc (yet they are still great) some people have loads of money and get high lvl bc and gear (even greater) but its about the fun man. Aslong as your under the water being one with the fish and having a smile on your face. look at Genesis gear - Sherwood they make great BC for a fairly good price in the u.s not in canada its 900 bucks for a cobra 2 (400bucks in the u.s) look around and learn before you buy your bc trust me on that.
Chris

Welcome to Scubaboard. You are going to love diving around here. You should look up a friend of mine and fellow moderator Rick Inman. He lives in Spokane. He is an excellent diver and can help you out locally especially if you think you want to go with a backplate and wing.

You will like having a drysuit. While it will take some dives getting used to it, in the end it is the only way you will want to dive in the nearby lakes and Puget sound. If you choose this route, get a P-valve installed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom